What's new

Official Apple IOS Firmware Download Links for iPhone

Like I told you earlier, as long as you restore a custom 5.0.1 firmware your baseband will not be updated. You didn't do that though, you restored a stock firmware and that's why your baseband got updated. Just restore a custom firmware on the last unlockable phone you have and then buy a Gevey Ultra SIM.
On the last unlockable phone, I created custom ipsw 5.0.1 and it asked me to do pwned custom ipsw, open itunes to shift-restore the file NO_BB_iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw. After a few minutes, I kept getting error 1601 and 1602. I tried all different usb ports on my laptop and I think my usb ports are working normally. Any ideas? Thanks.

On the last unlockable phone, I created custom ipsw 5.0.1 and it asked me to do pwned custom ipsw, open itunes to shift-restore the file NO_BB_iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw. After a few minutes, I kept getting error 1601 and 1602. I tried all different usb ports on my laptop and I think my usb ports are working normally. Any ideas? Thanks.

That means you aren't in Pwned-DFU mode. Open Redsn0w and go to "Extras" and select "Pwned DFU" then after you're in Pwned-DFU mode shift+restore the firmware.

That means you aren't in Pwned-DFU mode. Open Redsn0w and go to "Extras" and select "Pwned DFU" then after you're in Pwned-DFU mode shift+restore the firmware.

$pwned.jpgI am in pwned-DFU mode as it says on my screen shot. I am trying it again and it still says the same error 1601.

Jmills87,
Thank you very much for your help. I did it. It took the 3rd computer(which is my high end dev machine) to successfully restore custom 5.0.1 ipsw without any errors onto my iphone4 ios 4.3.5.
When I now check the settings on my iphone it says version 5.0.1 modem firmware 04.10.01. One last question for you, when I go buy the gevey ultra, the guy told me I have to downgrade to 4.3.3 and dial "112" to unlock the iphone. Is it true? I thought with the gevey ultra sim card there's no need to dial 112 anymore.
THank you.

Jmills87,
Thank you very much for your help. I did it. It took the 3rd computer(which is my high end dev machine) to successfully restore custom 5.0.1 ipsw without any errors onto my iphone4 ios 4.3.5.
When I now check the settings on my iphone it says version 5.0.1 modem firmware 04.10.01. One last question for you, when I go buy the gevey ultra, the guy told me I have to downgrade to 4.3.3 and dial "112" to unlock the iphone. Is it true? I thought with the gevey ultra sim card there's no need to dial 112 anymore.
THank you.

No that is not true. Gevey Ultra does not require dialing an emergency number at all. Providing you get an official Gevey Ultra SIM it will work just fine on 5.0.1, no need to downgrade.

No that is not true. Gevey Ultra does not require dialing an emergency number at all. Providing you get an official Gevey Ultra SIM it will work just fine on 5.0.1, no need to downgrade.
I knew something wasn't right when I heard that. Would I find any problems using it with bb 04.10.01?
Thanks for the confirmation.

Jmills87,

I inserted the Gevey Ultra Sim card along with my t-mob sim card and waited a couple minutes, accepted the Gevey screen that said something like "add http://cydia.furiousmod.com to cydia source..."
It showed searching signal and then NO SERVICE. Do I have to do anything else to make it work? Thanks.

Jmills87,

I inserted the Gevey Ultra Sim card along with my t-mob sim card and waited a couple minutes, accepted the Gevey screen that said something like "add http://cydia.furiousmod.com to cydia source..."
It showed searching signal and then NO SERVICE. Do I have to do anything else to make it work? Thanks.

You have to install Furious Mod like it instructed you to