What's new

Not getting text replies?

Yea I've posted about that here before. But I don't know how to create a different one to use just for that..then have to switch back to download anything from iTunes.
You don't have to switch. How many iDevices does your family have? Your husband uses a Galaxy.

Three iPhones.
Ok. I assume the other 2 are kids. No matter. You keep yours as is. Don't change anything. For the other 2 iPhones, change the Apple ID for Messages, FaceTime and iCloud. The other 2 should have their own email address to use for that. They keep the same iTunes Apple ID so you can all share the apps, music etc. They need to delete the email address in messages, FaceTime and iCloud that's used for Apple ID, then enter in their own email address to use as ID. iTunes ID stays the same. If you don't do this, you will continue to have problems. iCloud gives you 5 free gb of storage. If you're all using the same ID, you have to share that 5 gb. Different ID's and you each get 5 gb of storage. FaceTime will be a nightmare if you get each other's calls.

Ok yes it's my kids. So do I just create a new email address for each of them (they don't have one) then enter that in the email field?

Ok yes it's my kids. So do I just create a new email address for each of them (they don't have one) then enter that in the email field?
Yes. If you start with iCloud, it will create an iCloud email address for each. They can use that. Delete the ID for Messages, FaceTime and iCloud first. Then start with iCloud for the new ID. You have to set up an iCloud account for each.

Ok I'll try it later I don't even use iCloud for backup so not sure how it works/where to Go but will try! Thanks.

Ok I'll try it later I don't even use iCloud for backup so not sure how it works/where to Go but will try! Thanks.
If none of you use iCloud, you can skip it. Just change the other 2 ID's. Create 2 email addresses for each to use. Also, if backing up to iTunes, each phone should have a different name. Like "John's iPhone 5". If they all just say "iPhone", the back ups will get mixed up.

Last edited:
They are all named different for backing up. Will try and figure out how to create new address'. Thanks!