What's new

Verizon iphone 4 texting issue

rob118

Reaction score
I am having an issue where I text someone and someone else in my contacts list gets the text. I have done a master reset, done a complete restore and then got a replacement phone from a Apple store and it is still doing it. I have no one assigned to a group and also shut off group messaging. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Are you talking about this happening with only one person? Maybe you've accidently got that phone number assigned to the wrong person, or to two people? When you changed phones did you copy over all of your contacts to the new phone?

Yes I did. I have talked with tech support they got back to me stating this is a known issue.

jbs06civicsi, How did you fix it?
my boyfriend is having the same problem for a few days now and it's getting frustrating...

In the past week I have called Verizon several times. Verizon sent me a DROID Incredible 2 a Blackberry Bold (older Bold) and both of those phones did the same thing. The text message even went to different people when I used Blackberry messenger.

I talked with Verizon again and they said they would give me a new number which would possibly help. I got the new number and again same thing.

When you talk to Verizon they say its a known issue but no one tells you whats being done about it.

I guess my next step is to ask to opt out of my contract.