What's new

Noob questions about themes

masterchiefsandok

Reaction score
I got my iPhone 4 a couple of weeks ago and I'm already bored with the theme. I want something that looks better than the standard. I just can't stand the green and gray combo for texting. I need red and black!

How do I go about changing or putting new themes on the phone? Do I have to jailbreak my phone? What are the risks of doing this?? How hard is it? Where do I start?

Will Apple ever provide themes in the app store??

Thanks in advance!

I got my iPhone 4 a couple of weeks ago and I'm already bored with the theme. I want something that looks better than the standard. I just can't stand the green and gray combo for texting. I need red and black!

How do I go about changing or putting new themes on the phone? Do I have to jailbreak my phone? What are the risks of doing this?? How hard is it? Where do I start?

Will Apple ever provide themes in the app store??

Thanks in advance!

as of now yes you need to jailbreak, but good point apple could be making money selling apps that do the things a jailbreaked iphone does, for all the people that dont want to jailbreak

If I did jailbreak would I lose any of my data or music? Would the sync function quit working correctly with itunes? What kind of bad things could/would happen if I jailbreaked? I've read some places that it messes with battery life too. I already have to charge my phone at least once daily and I don't want to mess it up even more. I wish apple would just sell some apps that give us themes!!

no what u would do is back up in itunes all your stuff on yer i phone once u have backe everthing up u can jailbreak it with greenpois0n at www.greenpois0n.com once u have done tht u will get all the themes u want like killsighcarbonblue withch is a nice theme ..............................kenny1690...............
ps hope tht helped

So this greenpos0n is the best jailbreaker out there? How do I use it? I downloaded the thing, do I just connect my iphone and let it do the rest? Where do I go after that to find the themes?? Sorry I'm a noob at this.

So what do I do to get winterboard? Is it worth it? I think this is what I want to get so I can use themes? Anybody have a step by step easy guide for this for a noob? Please help! Thankyou!

First off, you need to be jailbroken in order for you to change the things you want. There are a few things you can change without being jailbroken, but for the SMS txt bubbles, you will need to be jailbroken.

Things you'll need after your jailbroken from Cydia:

- Open SSH
- Winterboard

..search for these in Cydia and download them.

After you have them installed, you will need to Root/SSH into your iDevice using a SSH program. If your on a Mac, I'm not sure what you use but for Windows, use WinSCP. Its freeware.

After that, you will need to get your iDevice IP address (You'll need to be connected to Wi-Fi Network)

iPhone Settings > WiFi > Click on Wi-Fi Network

Then simply open up your SSH program (eg. WinSCP) and enter in the IP Address:

192.168.x.xxx
login: root
password: alpine

Then all you simply do is drag&drop whatever theme/mods you want into your /Library/Themes folder. Enable the theme VIA Winterboard and re-spring your device.