What's new

Noob needing a better text app

Audioi

Reaction score
HI all...New to the iphone (Verizon) and coming from the original droid I miss the great flexibility when texting. Need speech to text that works as a great texting app. Any suggestions?

There's lots in the app store. Dragon Dictation didn't work too well with my accent but it's free and has good ratings so worth a try...

Yeah that works but not like android. Too many taps to get where you need to go. The android app associates the v2t with a key on the keyboard.

HI all...New to the iphone (Verizon) and coming from the original droid I miss the great flexibility when texting. Need speech to text that works as a great texting app. Any suggestions?

As gaz.... wrote, try Dragon Dictation. It's a free app from the Apple Store. In fact, I installed it less than a half hour ago and it works very well, once you get the hang of it. Works for SMS and email, and social networking junk. Try it. If you do, write back and report!

I like Dragon Dictionation... there is also another one that I saw in the App Store but haven't tried called Text 'n Drive. Check that one out as well.

I have been using Dragon Dictation and its ok but not built into the text app like my android.
Something else I miss is the text alerts (notifications), my droid would blink at me until I read the message, the iphone alerts me twice then its over and quite often I miss messages when I leave the phone on my desk momentarily.