What's new

No Sender/Subject Email - Cannot Delete

DickeyB

Reaction score
I have one email that keeps popping up in my inbox, dated 12/15/11 with no sender or subject, that I cannot delete. When I delete, it says cannot move to trash, goes away and then comes right back.

I have tried turning my email off and then back on, turned he phone off and then back on and even went into my sent folder and back out.

Nothing seems to work. Anyone know how to get rid of this?

can u find it through your mail service on a different computer and delete it there?

That's just it, it only shows up on my phone. My laptop or web mail don't have the email in question.

Did you search the junk and spam folders for this e-mail? Sorry, I don't have any more ideas for you other than to uninstall/reinstall your e-mail and see if that solves it. Hopefully someone else will chime in with some advice!

This worked for me. Try doing a hard boot of your phone. Shut it down by holding the power button and the home button down at the same time. Follow on screen instructions to complete shut down. Turn the phone back on and the email should be gone.

This worked for me. Try doing a hard boot of your phone. Shut it down by holding the power button and the home button down at the same time. Follow on screen instructions to complete shut down. Turn the phone back on and the email should be gone.

Follow what kind of onscreen instructions?

Follow what kind of onscreen instructions?

The phone asks for confirmation that you want to shut down. By on-screen instructions I just meant that you should confirm the shutdown.

There is no onscreen instructions for the hard reset. Powering the phone off gives you that.

To do a hard reset you hold the "off" button down and then the home button down and wait for the apple logo to appear. Then let up on both of them. It will reboot in several seconds.

Last edited:
On the iphone 4s a prompt appears that says, "Slide to power off"

When it prompts you to 'slide to power off' don't let go of the home and on/off buttons. Keep holding them down until the prompt disappears and phone the reboots otherwise you are not doing a proper reset.....just restarting the phone instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's good to know. It did go ahead and shut down, so I guess I did it right. :) The good news is, the empty email went away!

That's good to know. It did go ahead and shut down, so I guess I did it right. :) The good news is, the empty email went away!

Well done. You should first perform that hard reset whenever you think that something weird is going on with the phone, hard reset can fix up thing in the iOS.