What's new

How do I delete a folder in my photos that my phone just put there?

gigman7

Reaction score
I plugged in my phone to the computer and the phone decided to download a folder with over 1500 photos in it from off of the computer is was plugged into. I cannot delete the folder now as well as I cannot even delete the photos one at a time.(not that I would want to)

How do I get rid of this folder with all of the photos?

How can I keep the phone from making an executive decision like this again?

The decision to download the folder with the pictures was not "made" by your iPhone. By syncing it to iTunes, these pictures were synced to your iDevice. The only way to remove it from your iPhone, is to sync it to iTunes again and remove the pictures. You'll find the description on this site:
Sync photos to your iPhone iPad and iPod touch in iTunes - Apple Support
To prevent this from happening again, open iTunes on your computer without connecting the iPhone. Select "Edit", then Preferences and Devices. Select "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically", make sure it's checkmarked. Click "OK" afterwards.

Yes, it was made by my phone. It was not made by me.

I do want the phone to automatically sync to itunes. I just do not want it to go and download everything from my computer and filling up all of my storage on my phone.

If you want it to automatically sync to iTunes, it will also automatically sync photos/folder with photos to your iPhone.

Once again: the decision wasn't made by your iPhone. That's the way syncing automatically works.

The iphone is apple and apple made that decision.

Apple also gave the possibility not to sync your device every time you connect it, which would also prevent the photos from your computer from appearing on your iDevice.

If you think Apple should add another feature to iTunes, send feedback to them. Here's the link:
Apple - iTunes - Feedback

Last edited:
I knew I should have gotten a better phone.​

It is not a function of the iphone. It is a setting in itunes. Turn it off it it is not what you want. You can designate what folders on you computer you want synced to your iphone.

Your link did not have instructions as to how to delete these files and folder.