What's new

How do I remove albums from photos on iPhone 4S that weren't created on the phone?

JennieR

Reaction score
When I got my new iPhone 4S I was setting everything up on it and I checked sync photos. I didn't realize at the time that it was going to take pics from my computer to my iPhone. Before I could stop it 3 albums were put on my new phone. About 200 pics. When I tried to delete them it wouldn't even give me the option to delete. I looked up my guide and it said albums that weren't created on the phone couldn't be renamed or deleted. So... I got my external hard drive and downloaded the pics from my computer to it. Then i deleted the folders from the computer. I started to sync my iPhone (I unchecked sync photos) and the albums are still there. How can I get these albums off???

When I got my new iPhone 4S I was setting everything up on it and I checked sync photos. I didn't realize at the time that it was going to take pics from my computer to my iPhone. Before I could stop it 3 albums were put on my new phone. About 200 pics. When I tried to delete them it wouldn't even give me the option to delete. I looked up my guide and it said albums that weren't created on the phone couldn't be renamed or deleted. So... I got my external hard drive and downloaded the pics from my computer to it. Then i deleted the folders from the computer. I started to sync my iPhone (I unchecked sync photos) and the albums are still there. How can I get these albums off???

when you sync with itunes: select your device, go to the photos tab and uncheck any folders that are setup to sync that you don't want sycned.

Well I got it done. It took some time and I had to work with it since I had already deleted the folders from my computer but it worked. Thank you so much!!! I don't know what I would do without my tapatalk friends!!!!!!😊

Well I got it done. It took some time and I had to work with it since I had already deleted the folders from my computer but it worked. Thank you so much!!! I don't know what I would do without my tapatalk friends!!!!!!

You're welcome!