What's new

No iPhone 5 Before the Summer

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
foxconn.JPG

MacStories reports today that according to Digitimes, the iPhone 5 will not be launched until “summer at the earliest”, which, depending on whether that’s late or early summer, could just about tie in with Apple’s usual iPhone launch schedule of announcing the new model at the WWDC in June, with the actual launch date following a few weeks later.

As ever, Digitimes has lots of news about iPhone 5 component suppliers, stating that Foxconn will take over from Japan’s Foster as the earphone supplier, mainly because of the strong Yen, which Digitimes says has made Apple look elsewhere. Earphone jack sockets will be supplied by Foxlink. Digitimes also says that because of a shortage of HDI boards, Apple has now taken on GCE as an extra supplier, although it will also still keep Compeq Manufacturing and Unimicron Technology as regular HDI board suppliers.

Among the new features that are already being talked about for the iPhone 5 are NFC (Near Field Communication) technology, a dual-core processor and a complete redesign. Expect the rumours and speculation to start gathering pace over over the next few months!

Source: MacStories: Apple Adds iPhone 5 Suppliers, Launch “During Summer At The Earliest”

since the 3gs it became very obvious when the release cycle of the iphone is... june wwdc announced and july release

Yeah who was expecting it before summer? What I wasn't expecting was a complete make over already. I guess the Android manufacturers are putting the pressure on. I was hoping for a minor upgrade anyway because I am not getting one. Will be stuck with this crappy iPhone4 lol.

Yeah who was expecting it before summer? What I wasn't expecting was a complete make over already. I guess the Android manufacturers are putting the pressure on. I was hoping for a minor upgrade anyway because I am not getting one. Will be stuck with this crappy iPhone4 lol.

i wasent expecting that either, i thought like the 3g and 3gs the design would stay pretty much the same.. well apart from the antenna. i cant wait to see what apple do and what they add. i probably wont buy it though and wait for the iphone 6 or 4gs or what ever they decide to call it, but the one in 2012 lol

crappy iphone 4? :O i was kind of hoping for no big changes becausei wont be buying it either. for me its factory unlocked or nothing and they cost like £600.

i am 100% sure they will add more space though, maybe 64GB?

i wasent expecting that either, i thought like the 3g and 3gs the design would stay pretty much the same.. well apart from the antenna. i cant wait to see what apple do and what they add. i probably wont buy it though and wait for the iphone 6 or 4gs or what ever they decide to call it, but the one in 2012 lol

crappy iphone 4? :O i was kind of hoping for no big changes becausei wont be buying it either. for me its factory unlocked or nothing and they cost like £600.

Hehe was joking about the crappy iphone4 but seriously I am going to be jealous of the 2 core toting iPhone peoples lol. Then it's inevitable that there will be some stuff that will only work on one of those beasts. Oh well.

Hehe was joking about the crappy iphone4 but seriously I am going to be jealous of the 2 core toting iPhone peoples lol. Then it's inevitable that there will be some stuff that will only work on one of those beasts. Oh well.

the iphone is only going to get better so its ok, the 2012 model will be better too and even if they dont make much changes and they do in the 2011 model it will still be worth buying

the iphone is only going to get better so its ok, the 2012 model will be better too and even if they dont make much changes and they do in the 2011 model it will still be worth buying

It better be quad core. 4 gigs ram. Projector. 200 gig hard drive. Full hd. How about an iPad dock. Too much to ask?

lol i bet in 10 years we will be there.. every few years the memory doubles.. 4GB-8GB then we had 16GB and now 32GB.. ipad dock for the iphone?

well there is an app for 3d, i think they send you a screen to put on your iphone... well there was talk of it i dunno the name or what happened to the app but it did look good

lol i bet in 10 years we will be there.. every few years the memory doubles.. 4GB-8GB then we had 16GB and now 32GB.. ipad dock for the iphone?

Yeah I didn't explain that one but what if the two devices kinda morphed into one? Like slide the iPhone inside of an IPad so you can acres the same stuff. Have you seen the Atrix + lapdock? Same idea just iPad instead of laptop.

nice but not nice to carry around with you all the time

Well that's the point. The "dock" would mostly be for using it at home or wherever it's convenient. Honestly I would rather have two seperate devices but I think it would be nice for a lot of people since you only need to sync one device instead of two.

The newset upcoming droids are really pushing multimedia and ease of use as a portable computer. This has been the name of the game for awhile so to speak but dual core processors, hd video out, and accessories that use your phone as a netbook? It's no wonder Apple is upping their game. We wouldn't want them to fall behind like blackberry has.

The newset upcoming droids are really pushing multimedia and ease of use as a portable computer. This has been the name of the game for awhile so to speak but dual core processors, hd video out, and accessories that use your phone as a netbook? It's no wonder Apple is upping their game. We wouldn't want them to fall behind like blackberry has.

I don't really see it dropping like Blackberry but I am not sure if the iPhone is going to get to the point where it has the best features out again. But features aren't everything. Some of the features coming on Droids are just completely unnecessary anyway. I don't need hdmi on the phone. That's what my Bluray player is for. It will definitely be interesting to see where it all goes.