What's new

No iPhone 5 Before the Summer

The newset upcoming droids are really pushing multimedia and ease of use as a portable computer. This has been the name of the game for awhile so to speak but dual core processors, hd video out, and accessories that use your phone as a netbook? It's no wonder Apple is upping their game. We wouldn't want them to fall behind like blackberry has.

I don't really see it dropping like Blackberry but I am not sure if the iPhone is going to get to the point where it has the best features out again. But features aren't everything. Some of the features coming on Droids are just completely unnecessary anyway. I don't need hdmi on the phone. That's what my Bluray player is for. It will definitely be interesting to see where it all goes.

I don't think they'll drop out either but, they do have to make their yearly upgrade better than they have in the past do to competive companies. It just seems like Apple released some of their products without much worry of competition. Almost like blackberries if it isn't broke don't fix it attitude. So that's why I brought that up.

I'll agree alot of the features on the droids are neat they are most definitely unnecessary. But, that sometimes that's what drives people to buy something. Because it can do this, this, and this. Apple does this too with features like Facetime. All I'm really saying is I hope apple has an upcoming ace to stay ahead of the game. Everyone else is catching up faster than apple would've thought and I wanna see what they do next. :cool:

I'm sure apple will have plenty of aces up their sleeves. Even if they don't there will be plenty of people (like myself) that will get the new one anyway. I couldn't go back to any other phone now. I've had iPhones for over 3 years now. The longest I've ever stuck with the same kind of phone and I'm still happier with it than I've been with any other phone...

I'm sure apple will have plenty of aces up their sleeves. Even if they don't there will be plenty of people (like myself) that will get the new one anyway. I couldn't go back to any other phone now. I've had iPhones for over 3 years now. The longest I've ever stuck with the same kind of phone and I'm still happier with it than I've been with any other phone...

yeah they will do as always. this year im going to get lion osx next year iphone what ever they call it of 2012, if i had the money to spare i would probably buy the upgrade this summer though an extra £600..

3 years is your longest? my longest was with nokia it was the second phone i ever bought i dont remember when some time in 199'something then onto nothing but nokias until 2007

but i have a feeling i will start with iphones now, nothing but. i had iphone of 2007 got the 3g then skipped the 3gs and went back to nokia and then back to iphone for the 4

I'm still trying to find that one phone to win me over. Started with blackberry and currently on android. One main thing that has caused me to switch between them was eventual lag. Blackberry out of the box had some lag and it got worse later on. Then of course it stopped working properly.

Android was very fast but, now has slowed down alot. This may very well be my phones hardware. But, one thing I've always heard about apple is that even with similar or inferior hardware has always run better than other OS's. That combined with what the phone offers might be my saving grace.

yeah they will do as always. this year im going to get lion osx next year iphone what ever they call it of 2012, if i had the money to spare i would probably buy the upgrade this summer though an extra £600..

3 years is your longest? my longest was with nokia it was the second phone i ever bought i dont remember when some time in 199'something then onto nothing but nokias until 2007

but i have a feeling i will start with iphones now, nothing but. i had iphone of 2007 got the 3g then skipped the 3gs and went back to nokia and then back to iphone for the 4

Oh yeah. Forgot about the classic nokias. So much better back in the day. I remember the 3100 (I think) it was the first one with snake on it. Had an external aerial. Lol. Had a few of them as new ones came out for probably 3 or 4 years before switching to samsungs. Had 3 of them over about 2 years before finally getting a 3G...

I'm still trying to find that one phone to win me over. Started with blackberry and currently on android. One main thing that has caused me to switch between them was eventual lag. Blackberry out of the box had some lag and it got worse later on. Then of course it stopped working properly.

Android was very fast but, now has slowed down alot. This may very well be my phones hardware. But, one thing I've always heard about apple is that even with similar or inferior hardware has always run better than other OS's. That combined with what the phone offers might be my saving grace.

With the 3G I noticed some lag. A reboot sorted it but as time went on I had to reboot more and more often. The 3GS was a vast improvement. I never turned it off having it on charge all night. I rebooted it around once a week to keep things fresh. I've hardly noticed any lag on the iPhone 4 even without rebooting it for weeks at a time.

The iPhone can do so many things. Probably things even apple didn't think of when they came up with it. The app store has so many apps unique the the iPhone. For example, I have an old thinkpad laptop that I have wired up to my T.V. I can control it remotely from my couch. I use it to download films and american tv shows that we dont get here in UK for months so I can watch them on the big screen. I can even turn it on from anywhere in the world. I also use it to control my father in laws computer from miles away as he hasn't quite grasped his new broadband yet! Lol...

Yeah I have gone as long as a month without shutting it down. I have Team Viewer to control my pc at home. Using Subsonic to stream all the media from my desktop to my phone. Literally 500/600 gigs of music I have access to at anytime. Those are things I didnt think I would be doing. Of course these things are all possible on Android too. One great thing with iPhone is you don't get all the carriers bloatware like you do with Android. PC users are used to this kind of thing tho.

I use team viewer aswell. If I'm sitting infront of the tv I can use mobile mouse as I don't need the screen to show up on my phone. Net wake can turn you computer on remotely aswell. I couldn't tell you the last time I touched my laptop. All I have is the iPhone cable sticking out the side of the tv so I can sync it...

Oh yeah. Forgot about the classic nokias. So much better back in the day. I remember the 3100 (I think) it was the first one with snake on it. Had an external aerial. Lol. Had a few of them as new ones came out for probably 3 or 4 years before switching to samsungs. Had 3 of them over about 2 years before finally getting a 3G...

With the 3G I noticed some lag. A reboot sorted it but as time went on I had to reboot more and more often. The 3GS was a vast improvement. I never turned it off having it on charge all night. I rebooted it around once a week to keep things fresh. I've hardly noticed any lag on the iPhone 4 even without rebooting it for weeks at a time.

The iPhone can do so many things. Probably things even apple didn't think of when they came up with it. The app store has so many apps unique the the iPhone. For example, I have an old thinkpad laptop that I have wired up to my T.V. I can control it remotely from my couch. I use it to download films and american tv shows that we dont get here in UK for months so I can watch them on the big screen. I can even turn it on from anywhere in the world. I also use it to control my father in laws computer from miles away as he hasn't quite grasped his new broadband yet! Lol...

Thanks for sharing your experience with the different Iphones. I appreciate that. The way you describe the Iphone 3G sounds similar to my current experience with my droid. It started out quick but, has just slowed down and I reboot it a few times a week because of some lag issues. Not what I'd like to have.

I've seen a few apps for the Iphone that I like that android doesn't offer. Particularlly the car remotes. I forget my keys in my car atleast once a year. And I have a bad habit of locking the doors with the car buttons instead of the car remote. Normally not a problem as I can get someone to bring me a second key unless it's late night or I'm at work. Sounds like it's an app I'll be looking into.

Yes!!! I was hoping for a huge redesign etc as I have a 1 year contract that started in July... Cant wait!

it wont be huge they have to save something for the next upgrades, but well see. am gonna be watching the wwdc from my mac :) you can watch them all on safari on the mac fromt he apple website.. no more looking for a decent blog :D woohooo