What's new

No computer sees my iphone 4s

dfran1 said:
But when your in safe mode does that not do the same??

Cause even safe mode does not work for me, then again does safe mode allow iTunes sync?

Safe mode does one thing and one thing only. It disables Mobile Substrate. That's it. Has no effect on anything else. Not iTunes sync,. Not anything. Except disabling Mobile Substrate.

Thank you for that info even tho I dont know what Mobile Substrate does (Ill look that up later)

I did it the drastic way and just disabled everything but springtomize and still not communicating to the computer, I even held power and home till i saw the apple and still nothing, I then enables Sbsettings and turned off springtomize and resprung and same thing. Do I have to do it your way one by one or is this sufficient?

I really don't want to loose game settings (apple apps), some I have weeks into, yes I have lots of games, utilities, ect.. to do the reset settings thing at this point, I do have appbackup and Pkbackup but never did any recent backup with them and not sure how reliable they are for restoring.

Thank You for any and all help
Really thank you!!

dfran1 said:
Thank you for that info even tho I dont know what Mobile Substrate does (Ill look that up later)

I did it the drastic way and just disabled everything but springtomize and still not communicating to the computer, I even held power and home till i saw the apple and still nothing, I then enables Sbsettings and turned off springtomize and resprung and same thing. Do I have to do it your way one by one or is this sufficient?

I really don't want to loose game settings (apple apps), some I have weeks into, yes I have lots of games, utilities, ect.. to do the reset settings thing at this point, I do have appbackup and Pkbackup but never did any recent backup with them and not sure how reliable they are for restoring.

Thank You for any and all help
Really thank you!!

Just reset all settings in Settings> General> Reset.

You will not lose anything. All it does is reset your preferences. It does not delete data or lose your game progress. It just resets your Holme screen and everything you set in the Settings app.

I need time for that, so most likely in 2 days, so if something goes wrong I have more time to fix it.
Thank You
I will post back when done, if someone comes up with any other ideas till then let me know?

Just reset all settings in Settings> General> Reset.

You will not lose anything. All it does is reset your preferences. It does not delete data or lose your game progress. It just resets your Holme screen and everything you set in the Settings app.

that does not work for me, i tried for dfran1(on my iPod on 5.0.1, Not my iPhone 5.0.1) and u will have to go back to all your jailbroken tweaks (hacks) and reapply everything. i dont think its worth it because dfran1 has a lot of cydia add-ons

that does not work for me, i tried for dfran1(on my iPod on 5.0.1, Not my iPhone 5.0.1) and u will have to go back to all your jailbroken tweaks (hacks) and reapply everything. i dont think its worth it because dfran1 has a lot of cydia add-ons

With a problem as bad as not being able to make your computer recognize your device...........It is most certainly 100% worth a try. And n o....You do not have to reapply anything. All you have to do is reconfigure your settings. That's it. Absolutely nothing needs to be reapplied.

I just tried it and still nothing.

It wanted me to restore from a backup that I cant do, so I chose set up as new iPhone.

Then I.. (after trying to get the phone recognized)

But so far you are right I just backboard back to where I was, it seems so far, it looks and acts the same as before.

Anything else or just use iCloud (I hope that will work), ifile, wifi, and update apps manually?

!!!!Thank You!!!

Last edited:
With a problem as bad as not being able to make your computer recognize your device...........It is most certainly 100% worth a try. And n o....You do not have to reapply anything. All you have to do is reconfigure your settings. That's it. Absolutely nothing needs to be reapplied.

i had to change some stuff but it was apple settings

Last edited:
To whomever is following this tread or for someone else that has this happen to them

Yesterday I just started removing cydia stuff, in SBSettings turned on the mobile substrate for some of the things I removed (I had them off prior to removal) and phone went into reboot after a rescreen, I held power and home button to get it to stop and after a few minutes it came up to safe mode, I then turned off the ones I deleted in sbsettings mobile substrate, phone came back up and I created a new problem.

I fixed my new problem (which was: every time I clicked on notification in settings, it dropped me out of settings, never going into notifications) by turning back on in sbsettings mobile substrate customwidgeticons (I must have turned off by accident), then reinstalling some cydia stuff back, then decided to try to connect to my computer and it works again, now everything is working just about like new.

Now another other very minor problem:
When ever I update iTunes I am seeing hidden icons on 2nd screen (like setup, diagnostics, adsheet, page 7&8 of disabled screen jumps, and a few others)
Now if I reboot or rescreen they go away but my icons are out of order and I have to rearrange them only on that page.
Any idea's on this one please.

dfran1 said:
To whomever is following this tread or for someone else that has this happen to them

Yesterday I just started removing cydia stuff, in SBSettings turned on the mobile substrate for some of the things I removed (I had them off prior to removal) and phone went into reboot after a rescreen, I held power and home button to get it to stop and after a few minutes it came up to safe mode, I then turned off the ones I deleted in sbsettings mobile substrate, phone came back up and I created a new problem.

I fixed my new problem (which was: every time I clicked on notification in settings, it dropped me out of settings, never going into notifications) by turning back on in sbsettings mobile substrate customwidgeticons (I must have turned off by accident), then reinstalling some cydia stuff back, then decided to try to connect to my computer and it works again, now everything is working just about like new.

Now another other very minor problem:
When ever I update iTunes I am seeing hidden icons on 2nd screen (like setup, diagnostics, adsheet, page 7&8 of disabled screen jumps, and a few others)
Now if I reboot or rescreen they go away but my icons are out of order and I have to rearrange them only on that page.
Any idea's on this one please.

Did you try to uninstall a tweak while it's substrate plugin was disabled?

"Did you try to uninstall a tweak while it's substrate plugin was disabled?"

yes I did, but only because I got pissed cause my phone woud not connect to any computer

now that last minor problem that I can live with is all I see
I fixed the iphone not able to see any computer at least :)

u should not have messed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Doopris

I would have not had to mess with anything if my phone had not stopped seeing any computer. I had no choice!