What's new

Newbie Question

420benz

Reaction score
I currently have a T-Mobile Sensation and when my contract is up in July I am tossed between the iPhone5 or the Galaxy3. My main concern with the iPhone is one cannot replace the battery,small screen and cannot install restricted programs with out jail breaking. I do not use a cell phone like most of you guys,it is just used for emails,texting and web surfing. Based on the above info,what do you guys suggest?

Up to you. If you already have it all planned out that the GS3 > i5 as you've listed, then go for it.

I think the main concern with the i5 is the battery. How long does it last,and if it goes bad can Apple replace it?

I think the main concern with the i5 is the battery. How long does it last,and if it goes bad can Apple replace it?
it's hard to say how long the battery will last,it depends on how much you use your phone and what you use it for,the battery can be replaced.

The battery will no question last until your new contract would expire, apple will replace it in case it dies sooner. Apple has one of the best warranty. You can take it to a local apple store and they would fix it.

The battery will no question last until your new contract would expire, apple will replace it in case it dies sooner. Apple has one of the best warranty. You can take it to a local apple store and they would fix it.
just to clarify,the battery is covered for 12 months under the warranty.

Poisonivy:That is some great info.

One last question for today. If I purchase an i5 in July, will it have LTE?

The iPhone 5 is LTE capable... regardless of when or where you buy it. Your wireless provider, however, may not provide LTE coverage in your area.

If you use your phone for just basic activities you shouldn't have to worry about special Jailbreak apps. The available apps should be good enough. I use my iP5 for just about everything and I have yet to find a function that I "need" that isn't available w/o jail breaking.

I used a GS3 before switching to the iP5. My biggest reason for changing was the screen size and the reliability of the device. The GS3 was just to big for my small hands. It always required two hands to get things done. Also the GS3 was more glitchy (lock ups and such) requiring too many battery pulls.

I plan to use my iP5 until my contract runs out, and from what I've heard the iP5 battery will stand the test of 2 yrs time. I've never been in a situation on the iPhone that would've required more than a power off/on scenario.

The GS3 does however have a BEAUTIFUL screen. It's a gem to look at. So if you have larger hands and a need for screen eye candy you may enjoy the GS3. I, for one, enjoy my iP5 much better.