What's new

iPhone vs Blackberry Opinions

courthousedeb

Reaction score
I work for a major corporation and we are needing to get new phones. We currently have blackberry phones and want to get something that will work better for our needs. Since this is a business, jailbreaking is not an option. The company I work for has a contract with AT&T and Verizon so those would be our carriers of choice, with AT&T being the preferred one according to the guy who handles the phones.

Would we be better to go with a Windows phone instead of one of the above? I have so many questions and would like to be able to provide some feedback on Monday about what I learned over the weekend.

Here are a couple of the things we would like to do with our new devices.

1. Open and edit Microsoft Office documents - mostly excel and word
2. Access our portal which is on sharepoint and edit or work order tracking modules when a job has been completed.

I have an iPhone 3GS to test and my supervisor has a Blackberry Torch to try out and see what works best. I really thought from everything I heard that the iPhone was the best out there but unless I'm missing something without us spending a boatload of money on apps for 6 phones which is what we would ultimately be needing, it appears the blackberry might be the way to go.

Here's what I'm finding that I don't like so far. Maybe I'm not doing something right, so this is why I am here.

1. Cannot save email attachments or documents
2. When surfing, cannot save photos to use as wallpaper and such

It seems to me that the iPhone is not as well suited for business purposes as the blackberry. Is this a fair statement or am I just missing the boat here?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Saving pictures is easy. You just hold your finger on the picture and a popup menu comes up asking if you want to save the image or copy.

If you want to use that picture as your wallpaper. You just "save" the image and it'll be there in your picture roll.

As a single user, iphone4 suits my personal small business needs.

I've. Never owned a Blackberry, personally dislike the keypad and small screen. I but appreciate it is very robust against security issues, and so why it is attractive to corporates. Email is also tailored to be efficient.

A lot will depend on how your company will use the phone you eventually settle for, will it do what you need out of the box, if not what software costs are envisaged to do so, and ease of use for staff.

Which ever one selected will not be the choice if all, so be prepared to desk with the disappointed :).

Thanks for both your replies. I kept on searching and found out how to do the pictures...that is pretty slick. I'll keep on searching and reading here at the forum and give my input to the powers that be.

Thanks again.

I have booth and no comparison. iPhone I'd FAR better.

courthousedeb said:
Thanks for both your replies. I kept on searching and found out how to do the pictures...that is pretty slick. I'll keep on searching and reading here at the forum and give my input to the powers that be.

Thanks again.

If you targeted to thoroughly research both platforms then try Evernote and docstogo, both allow editing word and spreadsheets, also add PDF reading functions

I use my iPhone as my work phone. (i work from home). It does everything I need. Works great w/ my Outlook & email server; just like my BB used to. I downloaded the official Garmin app for my GPS. Works perfect. I use Evernote. I use Dropbox to share and sync files, and download attachments. I use Cozi to view multiple calendars. I can open and view Microsoft docs no problem. Right now it does everything I need both professionally & personally. I was a work BB user for 5 years & glad I made the switch to iPhone. I will never go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer iphone that Blackberry. It was once broken and was really sad about it but thanks to *No External Links*. I got all the help from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I certanly like iPhone more than Blackberry. It's more luxurious and more functions. I don't like small key pad of Blackberry, it's make me slow when typing message. But, I heard that Blackberry is more security. Really???

I have not heard that one but I never really read up about the blackberry but it was horrible to use I found and a maze of options where its impossible to get anything working, with android I did not have that problem as the one I used was basically the same as the iphone

I was a die hard bb user for years and yes it's a good phone but the torch gave me problems!!!
Being female w long nails I thought I needed qwerty....wrong,iPhone tryping is sooo much faster I don't know what I was thinking!!!
My bb is going back to warranty it was unreliable keys stopped working and was typing jar jkrjktjhfdf all by itself go with apple!! I bought the iPad and added a line cause my prettyy white torch drove me nuts:(
Yes email formats great, but iPhone too and there's an app for everything under the sun!!!
Click n hold and pics are saved....same as torch!!:)

I had an old windows phone when the black jacks were out:)
I don't care for windows phone, I don't own one so I have noooo idea how it works...except the screens weird lol
They do look cool, I may try it, not sure cause iPhones won me over right away!!!!!
Battery is comparable maybe better than android....but bb battery is better than both(android and iPhone) except the torch..
My fav bb is the bold

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a die hard bb user for years and yes it's a good phone but the torch gave me problems!!!
Being female w long nails I thought I needed qwerty....wrong,iPhone tryping is sooo much faster I don't know what I was thinking!!!
My bb is going back to warranty it was unreliable keys stopped working and was typing jar jkrjktjhfdf all by itself go with apple!! I bought the iPad and added a line cause my prettyy white torch drove me nuts:(
Yes email formats great, but iPhone too and there's an app for everything under the sun!!!
Click n hold and pics are saved....same as torch!!:)

I had an old windows phone when the black jacks were out:)
I don't care for windows phone, I don't own one so I have noooo idea how it works...except the screens weird lol
They do look cool, I may try it, not sure cause iPhones won me over right away!!!!!
Battery is comparable maybe better than android....but bb battery is better than both(android and iPhone) except the torch..
My fav bb is the bold

I always thought the keyboard would be much easier with out longer nails lol but having a phone like the n97 proved me wrong, with the iphone you can pretty much type the words completely wrong and it will auto correct it, wrong a lot of the time but if you get it remotely right it finds the right word lol. the BB for me had a maze of options and I found it as horrible to use as linux/unix can be to use.

The windows phones looked pretty good though but I never really used them a lot much like with the bb.

and the ipad is nice but it would be so much better if it has osx on there