What's new

Newbe question abt phishing

Nedomine

Reaction score
Hello. Newbe here. Got into forum to find out about some phishy email I got. It purports to from Apple and wants to know if the "rescue" email I gave them was correct. Wants me to sign in, etc. Apple seems to b wanting my I'd and password a lot lately. How do I know it's legit? BTW I have a 3Gs.

That's probably someone trying to hack your account and requesting info so apple sent you that email most likely. My advice, would be to just delete the email and dont fill out anything on it. Better to be safe then sorry. Go on apples website and change your password for your apple ID and if you can, try to change the email address associated with your apple ID. That's what I'd do honestly. Or make a new apple ID and delete all your personal info off the old one.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

Or make a new apple ID and delete all your personal info off the old one.

Just a caution, here. If you make a new Apple ID, you will still have to use the old one to update any apps purchases you made in the App Store. So, if you use the new ID to make purchases, you will find yourself logging in and out of the store, switching IDs to do updates. And, the two accounts will not, can not be merged. Apple has never allowed it.

So, while you could change IDs, it will probably end up more of a hassle than value. Stick with the other [great] advice - change your password and/or the e-mail address associated with your original Apple ID.

Marilyn