What's new

Hello

iamthsun

Reaction score
Hello
46f in London, UK. Recently upgraded from a 3GS to a 4S, but I can't get it to do half the things they could in the shop. Would love to know how to get Siri to understand me (no, I'm not Scottish!). In the shop when they asked questions, Siri answered them, but he (same phone) only ever offers to search the web for me. I have 5.1 so no way of Jailbreaking yet.

So far I've only used the 3GS and the 4S for emails, phone, texts and camera. Does anyone have any interesting tips for the rest of it? I'd really love to know how to tell iTunes not to upload certain apps. I'm sure I saw it once ....

If anyone wants to tell me the point of the News stand in the UK (on the iPhone, not the iPad), it might help to understand why I can't get rid of it unless I add it to a folder.

Hello and welcome! with the accent and siri its not easy for any one and what voice do you have it set to? it can be a real pain some times to get it to understand you but you can type in text some times if it gets that bad and I believe you as I have used siri but there is nothing you can really do but try change your accent a little.

If you find out the point of newsstand tell me.. I always hide it as well

Unleashed said:
Hello and welcome! with the accent and siri its not easy for any one and what voice do you have it set to? it can be a real pain some times to get it to understand you but you can type in text some times if it gets that bad and I believe you as I have used siri but there is nothing you can really do but try change your accent a little.

If you find out the point of newsstand tell me.. I always hide it as well

lol ... I use U.K. English. The irony is that I can (and occasionally do) speak BBC English. Don't blame me. My mother's mother sent her to elocution classes. Unfortunately the inner city comp didn't get rid of it completely.

Maybe i5 will have a self learning program for Siri? I'm told JB will sort all this out for me, but I have OS 5.1. :(