What's new

Why yes, yet another newb intro ;)

Mud

Reaction score
Hi,
I hate intro's lol
Anyways, just seen I probably should've posted something here first before posting anything elsewhere.. too late though.
But here I am, post #2.
Anyways, very very new to phones smarter than I. I have been living in the cellular dark ages hiding under a rock clutching my Blackberry Curve 8310 for years now. I ran across a pretty good deal on an iPhone 3Gs 16gb (ancient still, I know lol), was enthralled with its ease of use but decided I need more memory... so therefore found a good deal on a iPhone 3Gs 32gb. Still have both, might pass my IP3GS 16gb on to my mom at some point, not sure yet.
I haven't had either long, since mid-November for the 16gb, just received the 32gb.
And have been sucking up the info like there is no tomorrow... though at times I feel overwhelmed and somewhat confused, especially since there are so many conflicting stories out there in the world wide web.
Found out by the serial number, both my phones are old bootrom, which seems to be a huge plus for them
Just yesterday I updated the 32gb from 5.0 to 5.0.1 and jailbroke it myself with redsn0w v0.9.10b1
Have installed winterboard and made my first bit of customization.
So for a newb, I think I am doing fairly decent lol
But still confused. Therefore the reason I posted elsewhere first about my problems and with some questions.
Anyways, here I am sorry for the long intro and I hope to suck up more info from you guys :p

Hi,
I hate intro's lol
Anyways, just seen I probably should've posted something here first before posting anything elsewhere.. too late though.
But here I am, post #2.
Anyways, very very new to phones smarter than I. I have been living in the cellular dark ages hiding under a rock clutching my Blackberry Curve 8310 for years now. I ran across a pretty good deal on an iPhone 3Gs 16gb (ancient still, I know lol), was enthralled with its ease of use but decided I need more memory... so therefore found a good deal on a iPhone 3Gs 32gb. Still have both, might pass my IP3GS 16gb on to my mom at some point, not sure yet.
I haven't had either long, since mid-November for the 16gb, just received the 32gb.
And have been sucking up the info like there is no tomorrow... though at times I feel overwhelmed and somewhat confused, especially since there are so many conflicting stories out there in the world wide web.
Found out by the serial number, both my phones are old bootrom, which seems to be a huge plus for them
Just yesterday I updated the 32gb from 5.0 to 5.0.1 and jailbroke it myself with redsn0w v0.9.10b1
Have installed winterboard and made my first bit of customization.
So for a newb, I think I am doing fairly decent lol
But still confused. Therefore the reason I posted elsewhere first about my problems and with some questions.
Anyways, here I am sorry for the long intro and I hope to suck up more info from you guys :p

It's like "War and Peace" that intro (laughs out loud) only kidding.
Welcomes to the iPF forum.

iHolophyte

G'day & welcome to the FoRuM!! :)

G'day & welcome to the FoRuM!! :)

Folks, am I the only one.........?

Anyway, to Mud, there are a lot of things to learn on the iPhone, and in my opinion, the best way is to look through the iPhone Users Manual (available on your phone itself), look through these fie forums, and just use it. And your intro was fine. Glad you made it here.

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Y'all seem nicer than other forums I have frequented lately. Hopefully I don't ruffle any feathers or drive anyone insane with my questions. Not that I did that elsewhere, just some people/places aren't very friendly or helpful. I look forward to all of your help, advice and comments.