What's new

Another new member.

Shackleford96

Reaction score
Hello, my name's Rusty. Just wanted to introduce myself and give a little background info. I'm very new to the jailbreaking scene and Iphones in general. I bought a jailbroken Iphone 3gs from someone about a month ago and enjoyed using it so much that I had to upgrade again. ( moderated two iphones in one month? Are you freaking kidding me?!)

Now, before you criticize me for being an impulse junkie (lol), you need to understand that I had previously been using a Motorolla Razr that I had for about 5 or so years with limited calling and texting features because I was on a go-phone plan. I was almost the only person I knew that still even had a Razr. I was basically living like a cave man okay! I got sick and tired of ATT's unethical business methods, so I decided to (FINALLY) switch carriers and upgrade. BOY was I in for a surprise. The capabilities of smart-phones are astounding to say the least! So the new phone that I am using now is a factory unlocked 32GB iphone 4 that I purchased off of ebay with a cracked screen. Following the awesome guides at iFixit. com, I was able to tear it down and replace the screen myself. It wasn't easy, but I did it, and it saved me a little money too :) I jailbroke this phone myself using redsn0w, and so far everything is good.

Now, as I'm still learing the ropes and not the most technically advanced person around, there has been a few issues that I've run into. Mainly technical ones. I won't bother posting them here though, because that's what the help section is for right? Though, I did already try once in the help section and nobody answered me yet. I'm going to try again though, because I have discovered some things since then and I may not have described my problem very well or something.

Anyway, nice to meet you people and maybe I'll stick around for awhile if I like it here.

Iphone 4 32GB
Factory Unlocked
Straight Talk sim
OSX 5.1.1 firmware
Jailbroke w/ Redsn0w

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good!
I bought a couple used iPhone 4 models from Amazon and put Consumer Cellular MicroSIM cards in them. We have had iPod Touches for several years so it wasn't a big change. So far it's been good. I'm having a problem getting one of the phones to be recognized in iTunes but I'll eventually sort it out.

Hello, my name's Rusty. Just wanted to introduce myself and give a little background info. I'm very new to the jailbreaking scene and Iphones in general. I bought a jailbroken Iphone 3gs from someone about a month ago and enjoyed using it so much that I had to upgrade again. ( moderated two iphones in one month? Are you freaking kidding me?!)

Now, before you criticize me for being an impulse junkie (lol), you need to understand that I had previously been using a Motorolla Razr that I had for about 5 or so years with limited calling and texting features because I was on a go-phone plan. I was almost the only person I knew that still even had a Razr. I was basically living like a cave man okay! I got sick and tired of ATT's unethical business methods, so I decided to (FINALLY) switch carriers and upgrade. BOY was I in for a surprise. The capabilities of smart-phones are astounding to say the least! So the new phone that I am using now is a factory unlocked 32GB iphone 4 that I purchased off of ebay with a cracked screen. Following the awesome guides at iFixit. com, I was able to tear it down and replace the screen myself. It wasn't easy, but I did it, and it saved me a little money too :) I jailbroke this phone myself using redsn0w, and so far everything is good.

Now, as I'm still learing the ropes and not the most technically advanced person around, there has been a few issues that I've run into. Mainly technical ones. I won't bother posting them here though, because that's what the help section is for right? Though, I did already try once in the help section and nobody answered me yet. I'm going to try again though, because I have discovered some things since then and I may not have described my problem very well or something.

Anyway, nice to meet you people and maybe I'll stick around for awhile if I like it here.

Iphone 4 32GB
Factory Unlocked
Straight Talk sim
OSX 5.1.1 firmware
Jailbroke w/ Redsn0w
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.
iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

please mind your language,this is a family forum,thank you.

@bigpiper246

I heard that consumer cellular was one of the very best service providers according to their customers.

please mind your language,this is a family forum,thank you.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry about that! I do get a bit carried away at times. I'm not used to having to watch my tongue a whole lot, especially on the internet. Lol.

By the way, thanks for the links and everything. :)