What's new

ipaduser

Reaction score
Hi---my husband gave me an ipad about a year ago, and I LOVE it. I have ditched my laptop now, (still have a PC but don't use it all the time) and use my Ipad constantly. Two weeks ago, Verizon had a great upgrade deal, and I purchased the iphone4---my first smartphone. I love it too!!

I'm probably not your typical Apple user---I tend to think most are younger??? Maybe?? My computer skills are just what you would expect for a woman with grown children!!! ---some level of understanding but---oh well.

Anyway, I do have a question, but am wondering if I should post it here or elsewhere?

ipaduser

G'day & Welcome to the forum!!!! :)

Hi---my husband gave me an ipad about a year ago, and I LOVE it. I have ditched my laptop now, (still have a PC but don't use it all the time) and use my Ipad constantly. Two weeks ago, Verizon had a great upgrade deal, and I purchased the iphone4---my first smartphone. I love it too!!

I'm probably not your typical Apple user---I tend to think most are younger??? Maybe?? My computer skills are just what you would expect for a woman with grown children!!! ---some level of understanding but---oh well.

Anyway, I do have a question, but am wondering if I should post it here or elsewhere?

ipaduser

Hello and welcome to the forum! I think If I did not download so much and did not rely on needing apps to be able to be on in the background for much longer then 10 minutes I could replace the laptop or desktop with the ipad. but its much easier to use, on the couch with no heat from the laptop..

There is no real age group for apple users and you can find 12 years old or younger getting into it or older people like me or even older, makes no difference how good you are with computers or what you use it for.

Ask in here or make a new thread its up to you.:)

Thank you for the welcome. I'll just ask here...

There may be a simple solution but I have searched here for days before joining, and I have googled with no luck.

Why does email downloaded to my iPhone come in marked unread, when I have already read it on either the PC or my IPad?

I use Yahoo mail...and on my iPad...when you check for mail...it will download both read and unread emails accordingly. With the iPhone....it's always marked as unread. This means if it's been a while since I have checked my mail from my iPhone, I have a huge number of already read emails marked as unread. It's very annoying to have to either go and click each one to remove the red dot....or just let it go and watch the numbers go up and up on the indicator.

I have checked my settings and can't find the problem....what's really a mystery to me is why this doesn't happen on the iPad but it does on the iPhone.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Ipaduser