What's new

New User

sewgood007

Reaction score
Hi - I'm Cheri in Atlanta area. I'm hating the last update on my iPhone 6!! Hate having to tap twice to get password screen - HATE the balloons, etc., when I'm trying to text, and I can't figure out how to get photos from my phone to my pc.!! Anyone else as unhappy as I am? I wasn't broken, as far as I'm concerned, so why did they try to "fix" it??

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Cheri!

You don't have to tap twice to get the passcode screen. It's also possible to unlock the iPhone with Touch ID. Another possibility is to enable "Raise to wake" in Settings - Display & Brightness, so you don't have to press the Home button to wake it. If you use both features, you just put your finger on the Home button, to unlock your device.

If you don't want the effects in the Messages app, go to Settings - General - Accessibility - Reduce Motion. Turn it on, and disable "Auto-play Message Effect".

A few options to get your images to your computer are here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201302
It's also possible to sync them to online storage, such as Google Photos, OneDrive, Dropbox, ..., and then load them to your computer.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much for your help. I've used the touch control, but after a while, it doesn't work, and I have to re-scan my print. I've disabled the balloons - THANK YOU!!! I'll check out the link you provided. Merry Christmas!!