What's new

New User needs help with sbsettings

ezonhold

Reaction score
Hello, I just jailbroke my iPhone 4.2.1 and everything seems to be working pretty good. However, I installed SBSettings and for some reason i cannot figure out how to open it on my iPhone. The top bar does not swipe or drop down. I see the sbsettings in activator but cannot actually get into sbsettings. Can someone please explain how to use it if i cant get to it?

Thanks

if you swiped along the clock correctly it would open up, there is no other way to open it

Go into Activator in Settings and make sure that no other app is trying to use the swipe right on the status bar. Could be a conflict with another app. If it is, change the current one to a different method and then try SBSettings again. You are swiping from left to right starting in the upper left corner on the status bar? Once you get it open you can tap on "more" and the SBSettings app will open. If you want to use a different way to open SBSettings you tap on "Activation Methods and select a different method to open SBSettings.

Go into Activator in Settings and make sure that no other app is trying to use the swipe right on the status bar. Could be a conflict with another app. If it is, change the current one to a different method and then try SBSettings again. You are swiping from left to right starting in the upper left corner on the status bar? Once you get it open you can tap on "more" and the SBSettings app will open. If you want to use a different way to open SBSettings you tap on "Activation Methods and select a different method to open SBSettings.

OK, I did get it to open when i swipe, however now i have a blank tab to click on and the screen just flashes when i tap it. Any ideas?

Sounds like it didn't install properly. Reinstall it through cydia see if that helps...

OK, I did get it to open when i swipe, however now i have a blank tab to click on and the screen just flashes when i tap it. Any ideas?

You are on a tethered jailbreak right, try to reboot your iPhone using redsn0w.

You are on a tethered jailbreak right, try to reboot your iPhone using redsn0w.

It is a tethered jailbreak and i did try to reinstal it through cydia already. And have rebooted using redsnow as well

Do you have any other tweaks that may be conflicting with SBsettings? Try uninstalling them one by one and see if anything changes.

The only other thing I can suggest is to restore and jailbreak again if all else fails...

Its working now. Did a re-install again and its working