What's new

Weird Jailbreak problem. **Please help!**

dwat0147

Reaction score
Hi all,

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for reading my post.

I recently purchased another iPhone 4 (4.10.01) I used sn0wbreeze to JB it while preserving the baseband as I need to unlock it for T-Mobile via Gevey.

After successfully jailbreaking my iPhone and installing SBsettings & Dreamboard, I had to reboot my phone. After rebooting my phone, activator, and dreamboard does not open, it opens but closes immediately. I could however, open SBsettings and play around with the settings but it doesn't work when I swipe across the notification bar.

**Everything was working PRIOR the reboot. This is an UNTETHERED jailbreak, so I have no idea why this is happening. I've done the same process with my current iPhone 4 and its working perfectly fine.

I've tried re-jailbreaking the iPhone multiple times but same problem. Works after installing but after reboot, everything doesn't open.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Hi all,

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for reading my post.

I recently purchased another iPhone 4 (4.10.01) I used sn0wbreeze to JB it while preserving the baseband as I need to unlock it for T-Mobile via Gevey.

After successfully jailbreaking my iPhone and installing SBsettings & Dreamboard, I had to reboot my phone. After rebooting my phone, activator, and dreamboard does not open, it opens but closes immediately. I could however, open SBsettings and play around with the settings but it doesn't work when I swipe across the notification bar.

**Everything was working PRIOR the reboot. This is an UNTETHERED jailbreak, so I have no idea why this is happening. I've done the same process with my current iPhone 4 and its working perfectly fine.

I've tried re-jailbreaking the iPhone multiple times but same problem. Works after installing but after reboot, everything doesn't open.

Thank you in advance for any help!

?did you jailbreak 5.0.1 or 5.1???

If you were on 5.1 then that means you have a tethered jailbreak.

If you have a tethered jailbreak then you MUST boot tethered with iBooty, which is on your desktop rite now I'm sure.

Nope I'm on 4.3.3
The iPhone has never been on 5.0.1 nor 5.1.

Make a NO_BB firmware with Redsn0w, restore that and then jailbreak with Redsn0w. Make sure you are setting it up as a new iPhone and not restoring from backup.

Will using redsn0w preserve my baseband?

Thanks For the reply :)

Restoring any custom firmware will always preserve your baseband. You will need your 5.0.1 SHSH in order to restore that firmware though.

I've restored my iPhone with NOBB firmware. At this point should I click "Jailbreak and install cydia"? I'm afraid that will update my baseband, please enlighten me.

Thank you for your help!

dwat0147 said:
I've restored my iPhone with NOBB firmware. At this point should I click "Jailbreak and install cydia"? I'm afraid that will update my baseband, please enlighten me.

Thank you for your help!

Jailbreaking does not update anything. In lamens terms all jailbreaking does is "install Cydia". That is it. (notice I said lamens terms.lol...for you technicality freaks out there.)

The only way your baseband will update is if you restored to stock iOS firmware. That is the "only" way the BB can update.

Jailbreaking does not update anything. In lamens terms all jailbreaking does is "install Cydia". That is it. (notice I said lamens terms.lol...for you technicality freaks out there.)

The only way your baseband will update is if you restored to stock iOS firmware. That is the "only" way the BB can update.

Haha thanks for all your help guys! I jailbroke it via redsn0w :)

Couldn't have done it without Jmills & everyone that contributed!