What's new

New to tethered JB

Ole99

Reaction score
Ok so I've jailbroke many times before, but always untethered. My question is If I do a tethered jailbreak and download something from cydia that needs to residing or reboot, I need to plug in phone to do it? Please help cause I'm on windows and have been accidentally updated to 4.2.1. iPhone no fun anymore without JB lol. Thanks for any help!

Ok so I've jailbroke many times before, but always untethered. My question is If I do a tethered jailbreak and download something from cydia that needs to residing or reboot, I need to plug in phone to do it? Please help cause I'm on windows and have been accidentally updated to 4.2.1. iPhone no fun anymore without JB lol. Thanks for any help!

You have to use redsn0w to boot in tethered mode.

Tutorial
redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 for Windows & Mac

You also need the original iOS 4.2.1 firmware, just start redsn0w import the original firmware and follow steps in redsn0w. You have to use redsn0w every time to boot your device! Or wait on a untethered jailbreak which be long anymore.

I recently tethered mine and have had to do no reboot at all just once and that was when I first installed cydia and my snes rom its not that much of a pain and it awhole lot better than not being Jb imo.

You can respring without any problems. You only need to connect to redsn0w when it requires a reboot.

Well I've followed the instructions on this forum and iclarified, but after multiple attempts it still won't work for me. Idk why, it gets to the last step/ shows on my phone "downloading jailbreak data" but on my pc it only goes up to 2 green bars stops and that's it??? I don't get it. I have followed the directions exactly. Any ideas.

Well I've followed the instructions on this forum and iclarified, but after multiple attempts it still won't work for me. Idk why, it gets to the last step/ shows on my phone "downloading jailbreak data" but on my pc it only goes up to 2 green bars stops and that's it??? I don't get it. I have followed the directions exactly. Any ideas.

are you running the program as the administrator? and using the latest version?, last night i was doing the untethered jailbreak and it kept crashing on me and i couldnt figure out what as wrong, then i looked and sure enough i was using 0.9.7b1 instead of 0.9.7b4 after b4 all went well

are you running the program as the administrator? and using the latest version?, last night i was doing the untethered jailbreak and it kept crashing on me and i couldnt figure out what as wrong, then i looked and sure enough i was using 0.9.7b1 instead of 0.9.7b4 after b4 all went well

I would also make sure you are running redsn0w in XP compatibility mode as well.

Also make sure if you have pass code on phone to deactivate it till after JB'ing phone as this happened to my mates he switched pass code off and went without hitch