What's new

Questions, questions, questions.. :) Bout 4.2.1 JB

Own

Reaction score
Okay this is what i need to know. Be as pacient with me for being too lazy to search as you are with waiting on JB. :)

Im use PC.
4.2.1 locked.

My question is. Is there Tethered 421 JB for Win?

For Mac.
Since i use Win. for my itunes. Lets say I want to JB on Mac. Will my music and other data be synced or erased? once i plug in into Mac or start JB on mac?
or will I need to put all my music thru her Mac 1st and then JB?
or can i just plug the phone JB it and go back to pc?

Now if i JB on mac book. Can i go back to PC itunes and upload music etc, without losing jb or my previous data?

Thanks

There is a tethered jailbreak for windows. See here.

You can jailbreak on mac no problem. It won't sync anything like iTunes does. Just be sure to do a back if of your phone on the PC first. After you jailbreak you can use any PC or mac you like to boot tethered if you need to.

There is an untethered jailbreak coming very soon (hopefully this week). So you may want to wait for that...

thx.
Yeah been waiting for weeks for untethered JB....
No more wait. cant do it.

The untethered JB you were talking about coming out this weekend,,,,,,will it include a carrier unlock also?? I am currently stuck with an iPhone 4 , 4.2.1 that is JB but is locked.... I would sure appreciate a reply.... I read the forum every night looking for the unlock news

The untethered JB you were talking about coming out this weekend,,,,,,will it include a carrier unlock also?? I am currently stuck with an iPhone 4 , 4.2.1 that is JB but is locked.... I would sure appreciate a reply.... I read the forum every night looking for the unlock news

My friend Im in same situation... Every day and night I read the forum for that info :)

JBed it early yesterday. tethered. I like it but dont know how to use cydia yet :)

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could help me. I recently bought a iphone 4 A1332 to discover that after my sim had been in it for a couple of days that it was infact stolen, when I had received a call asking me for the IMEI Number. (freaking out I hung up and snaped my sim)
Now my question is can I over-ride the IMEI Number somehow? Does Jailbreak / Unlocking do this.
If someone cld please advise that would be of great help.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't override IMEI. It's burned into the motherboard. Only way to change IMEI is to change motherboard. All newer phones are like this now...