What's new

4.1 JB to 4.2.1 JB

MarJon

Reaction score
Hi

My iphone 4 is currently jailbroken at 4.1 (with greenpoison) in order to move to the 4.2.1 JB do I need to connect to itunes and upgrade to 4.2.1 and then run the greepoison jailbreak or can I just run the jailbreak.

TIA

Last edited:
You need to update to 4.2.1 first. I would just stay on 4.1 if I were you. 4.3 won't be too much longer now...

But as of this moment theirs no jailbreak for iOS 4.3.x, and I have heard that it has been patched for the limera1n exploit. I'm going to jb to 4.2.1 and wait for the jb for 4.3, which may be a while coming.

I agree stay on 4.1 jb and use mywi for hotspot cuz ur not gaining much as far as features are concerned.

Thanks for the info and advice guys.

hi there.. i have ipod touch 4g 4.1 version. can i update to 4.2.1 directly or 4.2 first then 4.2.1? sory for a newb question.. cheers..

hi there.. i have ipod touch 4g 4.1 version. can i update to 4.2.1 directly or 4.2 first then 4.2.1? sory for a newb question.. cheers..
Welcome,

Straight to 4.2.1, or, if your not jailbroken, just wait a few weeks for 4.3 to come out. The betas of 4.3 are very stable, more so than 4.2.1, at least I think so.

Welcome,

Straight to 4.2.1, or, if your not jailbroken, just wait a few weeks for 4.3 to come out. The betas of 4.3 are very stable, more so than 4.2.1, at least I think so.

Hi bear.. Thank for the reply, i have jb my ipod 4.1 to greenp. Anyway i have no problem on version jb. So maybe ill stay to this 4.1 for now. Thanks again cheers