What's new

New To Iphones, Why Jailbreak ?

rc193

Reaction score
First off I would like to say thanks in advance for your time and patience.

As the thread titles states I am new to the Iphone and the jailbreak concept, I have heard things about it and know a few people who have done it themselves and read the
what is jailbreaking article.

I would like to know your opinions on what jailbreaking this 5S are opposed to keeping it factory ?

by not researching prior to joining this community i had updated the phone to iOS 7.0.6 and must now wait to attempt this so I figured you guys could fill me in on all
the good that comes with jailbreaking until something is released for this iOS version.

I'd like to know about apps, customization, etc and maybe you could point in the direction of some of the best available options jailbreaking offers.

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks,
rc193

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're familiar with Android or somewhat knowledgeable of what Android rooting is, jailbreaking is the iOS equivalent. It allows for the running of unsigned codes, the installation of unsigned packages (debian packages), it allows for root access to the iOS system directories, it allows for the modification of the UI/aesthetics of the device, and allows you to get rid of some of the stock iOS aspects. Overall it allows for direct root access, aesthetics changes, and the installation of apps/modifications called tweaks.

If you're familiar with Android or somewhat knowledgeable of what Android rooting is, jailbreaking is the iOS equivalent. It allows for the running of unsigned codes, the installation of unsigned packages (debian packages), it allows for root access to the iOS system directories, it allows for the modification of the UI/aesthetics of the device, and allows you to get rid of some of the stock iOS aspects. Overall it allows for direct root access, aesthetics changes, and the installation of apps/modifications called tweaks.

Thanks for the reply, i have already jailbroke my phone and it is wonderful, I have lot of nice customization options and I like what you can do.

I am happy that jailbreaking is possible because the iOS 7 gui is very ugly and now it looks very nice thanks to devs who create such nice apps.