What's new

New to iPhone

thomdr

Reaction score
I went from a Samsung Epix to the IP4 last week. I am slowly getting use to it and adding apps as I go. Weather, Bar code reader, Jay Leno Garage, R/C Heli, Classic Solitare (crashes every time I use it), Pandora, & Facebook so far.

The biggest thing I miss is the Today Screen from Windows Mobile. I could check everything at a glance without unlocking, especially upcoming appointments. All the IP4 shows is the time. So does anyone know of an app that will add appointments, etc to the opening lock screen?

Thanks and I am sure I will be posting and/or looking for info from other posts.

Thom

Apple does not allow anything on the lock screen. This is a jailbreak favorite... If you are up to the task once it comes out.

I went from a Samsung Epix to the IP4 last week. I am slowly getting use to it and adding apps as I go. Weather, Bar code reader, Jay Leno Garage, R/C Heli, Classic Solitare (crashes every time I use it), Pandora, & Facebook so far.

The biggest thing I miss is the Today Screen from Windows Mobile. I could check everything at a glance without unlocking, especially upcoming appointments. All the IP4 shows is the time. So does anyone know of an app that will add appointments, etc to the opening lock screen?

Thanks and I am sure I will be posting and/or looking for info from other posts.

Thom

welcome to the forum! with regards to some crashing apps which i had also on some, it means the developer has not ported to iphone 4 so you just need to wait for an update so it wont crash, what i did is emailed the dev and usually it was updated very quickly.

bar code one is good but i have scanned some things and it has come up with something thats not it at all

afaik there is no such app, you have to unlock the screen, but i could be wrong