What's new

New to IPhone...have a question on links to email

graybadger69

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to using IPhone and logged onto my yahoo email account. Then I couldn't figure out how to log off and went on to something else.

Does it automatically log out when turn the IPhone off so I would need to log back into it? Or is it out there somewhere and will come up logged into the email if I push the right combinations of buttons??

Much thanks for any help you can give!!

graybadger69 said:
Hi,

I'm new to using IPhone and logged onto my yahoo email account. Then I couldn't figure out how to log off and went on to something else.

Does it automatically log out when turn the IPhone off so I would need to log back into it? Or is it out there somewhere and will come up logged into the email if I push the right combinations of buttons??

Much thanks for any help you can give!!

You don't have to log off everytime you check your email. Just close the app. Double press the home button and hold down any app icon til it wiggles. A minus sign will pop up and just press on it

Hi,

There is no issue being logged in as the iphone is designed to fetch new e mails from your server to your phone.

By double pressing the home button and holding down the mail button to make it 'wiggle' and pressing the minus sign does not close the mail.

This list of app's is just open in the background to allow multitasking. It does not mean that app is still open. Your iphone is designed to shut these down automatically after a while to save on RAM.