What's new

New to iphone, have a couple of questions regarding iphone 6

RipGroove

Reaction score
Thinking of making the switch to iphone from Android. But wondering if now is the right time? With the iphone 6 just around the corner would it be stupid to get an iphone 5s now on a 24 month contract? Historically how long after release does the 'S' version of the iphone come out?

My current phone is quite old now and starting to fall apart so not sure if it'll last until the 6S comes out so I'm kind of stuck between getting the 5S now or waiting however long for the 6S.

Also does anyone know if the 5S will drop in price much when the 6 is released as if it's a decent amount I'll wait.

The iPhone 6 should be coming out in about a month and a half. If you can hold out that long, i recommend that you get the iPhone 6. If you sign a 2 year contract for an iPhone 5s today, you'll be under contract until the iPhone 8 comes out.

While the iPhone 5S is likely to stay available after the introduction of the iPhone 6, it will only be the cheapest 16GB model which is too small a storage capacity with todays larger apps.

The iPhone 6 should be coming out in about a month and a half. If you can hold out that long, i recommend that you get the iPhone 6. If you sign a 2 year contract for an iPhone 5s today, you'll be under contract until the iPhone 8 comes out.

While the iPhone 5S is likely to stay available after the introduction of the iPhone 6, it will only be the cheapest 16GB model which is too small a storage capacity with todays larger apps.
Do you know what the usual gap is between the normal phone and the S version? As I'd probably rather an iphone 5S than a normal iphone6 if you see what I mean.

Do you know what the usual gap is between the normal phone and the S version? As I'd probably rather an iphone 5S than a normal iphone6 if you see what I mean.

It's usually about a year. I think I'm going to wait on the 6s because I just got my 5s in December....MAYBE

It's usually about a year. I think I'm going to wait on the 6s because I just got my 5s in December....MAYBE
I see so in that case I'm better off getting the 5s now, then selling it when the 6S comes out.

iPhone release dates:

iPhone 4 - June 24, 2010
iPhone 4S - October 14, 2011
iPhone 5 - September 21, 2012
iPhone 5s - September 20, 2013
iPhone 5c - September 10, 2013

iPhone release dates:

iPhone 4 - June 24, 2010
iPhone 4S - October 14, 2011
iPhone 5 - September 21, 2012
iPhone 5s - September 20, 2013
iPhone 5c - September 10, 2013
Perfect, thats solved it then.

I see so in that case I'm better off getting the 5s now, then selling it when the 6S comes out.

Historically, the "s" version of the iPhone has been a better device..IMHO, so I've decided to wait on the "s" version. That may change once the 6 is released and I have a chance to hold and examine....SMILE

Historically, the "s" version of the iPhone has been a better device..IMHO, so I've decided to wait on the "s" version. That may change once the 6 is released and I have a chance to hold and examine....SMILE

This is why I have been holding out for the "S" models since the iPhone 4. The only reason I would break that habit is if the iPhone 6 brings a larger screen.

This is why I have been holding out for the "S" models since the iPhone 4. The only reason I would break that habit is if the iPhone 6 brings a larger screen.

It would seem that will be the case for the new iPhone 6. Rumors have the iPhone 6 releasing with a 4.7 inch screen (I sure hope so). I MIGHT get the 6 as well......I'm really undecided. Decisions...DECISIONS....SMILE

Have ordered a 6 as my current phone is knackered, will sell it just before the 6S comes out and make the switch.