What's new

Is anyone dissapointed that there might not be a 4" iPhone 6?

I see it as an investment. My iPhone is my constant companion and provides a great deal of assistance and entertainment. Many of the major carriers have new programs wherein the customer can purchase a new iPhone and have the cost of the device spread out over 12 months or more - this is how I bought my iPhone 5s and iPad 4. You might want to check with your carrier to see if they offer a similar program.
VZW unlimited data here. Full upgrades only, unless I want to change plans and lose my unlimited.

I will have to look really hard at the iPhone 6 when it comes out, though I'd hate to spend $600 to $700 on another new phone...
especially if there is. It much difference.

Sent from my 128 GB iPad 4

VZW unlimited data here. Full upgrades only, unless I want to change plans and lose my unlimited.

I have Verizon as well, and I purchased my iPhone 5s on their time plan without signing a contract. I was told their time pay plan doesn't affect contracts.

I have Verizon as well, and I purchased my iPhone 5s on their time plan without signing a contract. I was told their time pay plan doesn't affect contracts.
i don't know about yours, but usually you end up paying more for the phone on time pay. I could be wrong though.

On YouTube I follow icrackuridevice and on his newest video he is showing the back plate of the new iphone. So he says

I read an article that says verizon is going to start slowing down 4g lte data to unlimited data users with high use

If I could not afford $199.99 for the basic new iPhone on contract with Verizon, I would go with the Edge plan. I might not like it, but I'd have my new phone. For me it boils down to what I can afford to do. Paying full price for an unlocked phone is out of my reach without saving for it. And that doesn't usually work well in my household. So I can do the contract thingy though. Maybe even a model with more than 16 gb. Actually, that's becoming a must. So now for me, it comes down to whether I can afford the 64 gb or settle for 32 gb. I'm guessing the 64gb 4.7" will be $399.99 on contract. Add the $30 upgrade fee and a premium case, and I'm looking at around $500. Do I need a new phone? No! My iPhone 5 works great. I've had it now 11 months. Even the 32 gb will run $400 for everything. But I do want a larger screen so I can see things better. If I pay $500 for the 64 gb 4.6" iPhone, I would have to 1. Hide the cost from my wife :D and 2. That would be my last upgrade for at least 4 years. It should at least get iOS 9 whenever that is released. Heck, if the hardware holds out long enough, I'll just stick a new battery in it at some point. There's a lot to consider with the upcoming 6 release. :)

I read an article that says verizon is going to start slowing down 4g lte data to unlimited data users with high use
I don't know that that has happened yet... ;)

Screenshot_2014-06-24-05-26-42_zpsa0dxw6zs.png
Screenshot_2014-07-18-15-45-50_zpsiv6yvoed.png

There are a few qualifications, but it sounds like you are right in a way. I don't live in a heavy cellphone use area. I live in the sticks, so I shouldn't be affected too much. Also, I haven't completed my contract terms because I upgraded a dumb phone after moving the upgrade from my Smartphone ;)

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/information/data_disclosure.html

Last edited:

Could not happen because I contacted Verizon and there is not any unlimited data plan available. You must be writing about an old article.

Could not happen because I contacted Verizon and there is not any unlimited data plan available. You must be writing about an old article.

There are still people on the old unlimited plans due to being grandfathered into them.

Why would Verizon issue a press release about something they can not do. It can not happen to you apparently but there are many here grandfathered on unlimited data plans.