What's new

Is anyone dissapointed that there might not be a 4" iPhone 6?

tonybessette

Reaction score
I'm almost positive I'll be getting the iPhone 6 4.7" version...but wondering if that would/could be too big. I do a lot of running, walking, working out, and all around exercise. The last thing I'd want is a phone too big in my pocket that is constantly flopping around in my shorts as I run or jog.

Anyone out there think if there is no 4" version f the iPhone 6....they'll be disappointed?

...or is the overall consensus....that the iPhone needs to be bigger than 4"?

(Sorry forgot to introduce myself....I am new here, and currently own a Lumia 1520, Windows Pone but looking to get an iPhone as soon as possible. Don't know if I should get a iPhone 5S or wait for the iPhone 6)

Last edited:
Actually, for all we know, the only choice will be 4 inches.. like the 5s/c. We won't know for certain until the devices are released. Until then everything is speculation.

As ardchoille said we don't really know but i for one won't be disappointed, I will however be very disappointed if a 4.0 is all there is on offer, I can't see that being the case though.

I know there have been a lot of people wishing for a larger iPhone, but I'm just happy with the size of my 5s. I carry it in a belt holster and don't want to have any more hardware attached there than necessary. My wife carries her 5c in her purse and doesn't want anything that takes up more space. We both also just like the way the present size fits in our hands, plus weight is a factor.

When it comes to a selection of devices such as this, having choices available is great. I'll be very disappointed if I should no longer have a choice to choose a small iPhone. Would it be a deal-breaker? Well, the earliest that we'll be upgrading is next year, so we'll just wait and see.

If one likes their 4" screen 5c or 5s, they can always buy a new battery when it needs it. Those phones will get iOS 8. That's the biggie if you don't want larger. I figure the 5s will continue to sell at least 2 or 3 more years. Maybe longer.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

I won't be dissappointed. I actually welcome the 4.7 inch rumored iPhone 6. I just don't want the extra .7 inches in a taller version of the 5s....spread it out some.

I'm really hoping for new sizes, but for me the current size of the 5S fits my lifestyle. I still use my 4S many times because it is easier to carry in a shirt pocket, and for bothy he 4S and 5S I am very happy with the width (and the shape/look/design) which is comfortable and easy to use one handed.

I would be happy with 4.7 I think that's a great size. But i would much rather keep the 4 inch screen like my 5s and better battery life.

The only way I'll even look at or consider switching back to an iPhone is if the screen size is increased. I couldn't handle the size of the iPhone 5, so I had to switch back to Android.

The only way I'll even look at or consider switching back to an iPhone is if the screen size is increased. I couldn't handle the size of the iPhone 5, so I had to switch back to Android.
Its looking increasingly that we will be getting a bigger screen, We can't be 100% on that of course, Its speculation at the moment but I'll stick my neck out and say its so.

I agree 100%. My iPhones are working fine. I have iphone original, 4, and 4s.

Sent from my 128 GB iPad 4

Its looking increasingly that we will be getting a bigger screen, We can't be 100% on that of course, Its speculation at the moment but I'll stick my neck out and say its so.
I will have to look really hard at the iPhone 6 when it comes out, though I'd hate to spend $600 to $700 on another new phone...

I will have to look really hard at the iPhone 6 when it comes out, though I'd hate to spend $600 to $700 on another new phone...

I see it as an investment. My iPhone is my constant companion and provides a great deal of assistance and entertainment. Many of the major carriers have new programs wherein the customer can purchase a new iPhone and have the cost of the device spread out over 12 months or more - this is how I bought my iPhone 5s and iPad 4. You might want to check with your carrier to see if they offer a similar program.