What's new

New to Forum and iPhone 6

Sedona Rider

Reaction score
This looks like a great forum. We have been the novice users but now require some help. We just upgraded my wife's iphone to the new iphone6. During the phone initiation process it asked us the the appleID password for 3 different IDs. We had the old iphone for 3 years and we must have used 3 different IDs on it over time. How do we determine which applications use which IDs so we can change them all to the same ID?

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

In regards to apps bought under the three older Apple ID's, there's no way, unfortunately, to transfer them all to the same Apple ID. Apps and iTunes purchases are tied to the Apple ID that was used to purchase or download them and this can't be changed. Aple does have a feature called family sharing which might help easily access these apps on one device. Here's the Family Sharing page. Apple Canada - iOS 8 - Family Sharing

Thank you for the reply. At this point, I am willing to remove the apps and re-purchase them on the one ID. How can I tell which applications use a certain ID?

Thank you for the reply. At this point, I am willing to remove the apps and re-purchase them on the one ID. How can I tell which applications use a certain ID?
To see which Apps are associated with each ID, open the App Store app and scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on the Apple ID. Choose the sign out option. When signing back in, choose one of the three Apple ID's. Once signed in to a particular Apple ID you can look at the purchased section and see all apps purchased with that Apple ID. Repeat this for each of the three Apple ID's.

Thank you again. We have the passwords for two of the IDs. The other one is really old, with an obsolete password and security questions we cannot answer. Any other way to get the AppleID associated with an app?

Thank you. I had meant to type my email address was obsolete, not my password. I have requested a call from Apple support today to see if they will reset the password on this account for me.

Thank you. I had meant to type my email address was obsolete, not my password. I have requested a call from Apple support today to see if they will reset the password on this account for me.
Thanks for updating us. Please let us know what happens.

I did have an interesting call from Apple support. I cannot say they provided the answer, but while waiting for support to do some research, my wife and I came to the conclusion that the upgrade to the new phone solved the problem. Since we did not know the password to the old ID, we suspect the iPhone did not install applications associated with that AppleID. After the upgrade was complete, my wife had to install a number of apps that did not move over. These were probably associated with the old ID. Apple support was not able to reset my old password since the email address was no longer in existence and I dd not remember the security questions. So at this point, I think the problem resolved itself. Unless the phone starts asking us for the password to the old ID again.....

Thank you all for your input.

I'm glad things worked out for you, thanks for letting us know, it may help the next person with the issue of multiple Apple ID's.