What's new

Brand new quick question also

okkiedokki

Reaction score
Well, I had to upgrade my phone because my Driod stopped charging. Called a local store and they had the 32gb white iphones available so i upgraded both my phone and my wife's. I've been reading on the forum for a while and I'm trying to figure a few things out. I initially had a question about 2 iphones and 1 Apple ID in regards to contact lists. I believe I have that sorted out.

My main question is how does facetime work with one apple id? OR should I just get myself my own apple id? Only reason why I'd like to keep one id is because it'd be easier with the songs and movies we buy from itunes.

Oh and by the way, hi everyone, I'm so happy I have an iphone now compared to the android phones. I'm still trying to get siri to work but so far I love the phone.

G'day and welcome to the forum!!!! :)

As for facetime,you'd be needing an account per iPhone you're using it on as I understand it.

hello and welcome to the forum! I would advise using two accounts and for facetime you should just see the facetime option in the contact list regardless of if you use the same account or not.

Awesome thanks! I think I might have it figured out. Everything on the phone will use my apple id, but the "store" in the settings section will use the apple id my family uses for music and movie downloads. Now if I can only get siri to work I'll be set.

My 2 cents: as others have said, you'll need two accounts for Facetime to operate properly. However, even then, Facetime is quirky! Lots of stuff has been posted about its "intermittent" connectivity.
My personal fav is Skype. Works every time, all the time, no worries, no problems. And, it can do all or more than Facetime can! Even using both cameras.