What's new

Password problems

lenjack

Reaction score
I have an iphone 6, my wife, an iphone 4. We are having password difficulties. I have had to change my password numerous times, as it seems that it may work one or two times, but after that, it will fail. Yesterday, I successfully changed the password on my wife's phone, but when I tried to log in with it on her phone, it wouldn't work.
Both phones have the same Apple ID, and I assumed we could use the same password on each phone. Is that the problem?

I'm guessing that we should have different Apple ID's, and then that each could have it's own password.

Is that the answer, that we should have separate Apple ID's?

I have an iphone 6, my wife, an iphone 4. We are having password difficulties. I have had to change my password numerous times, as it seems that it may work one or two times, but after that, it will fail. Yesterday, I successfully changed the password on my wife's phone, but when I tried to log in with it on her phone, it wouldn't work.
Both phones have the same Apple ID, and I assumed we could use the same password on each phone. Is that the problem?

I'm guessing that we should have different Apple ID's, and then that each could have it's own password.

Is that the answer, that we should have separate Apple ID's?
If you're sharing the same Apple ID, then you can only have one password to sign in to the account. What you should do is have separate Apple ID's and passwords for you and your wife. You can then set up Family Sharing and will still be able to share any iTunes or App Store content purchased under either Apple ID.

Here's the Apple page on Family Sharing. Family Sharing - Apple Support

Edit: Family Sharing requires iOS 8. Your wife would have to upgrade her iPhone to take advantage of it. In the meantime, you can both use the same Apple ID and password.

Last edited: