What's new

Touch ID for Kids

Walquiria

Reaction score
I am going to upgrade my iPhone 4S to a 5S. I loved the touch ID feature, but I have a concern. My 6 years old plays with my iphone all the time, when I want use his iPad, I give him my phone, we share both devices. In the 4S he must ask me to put my password to buy new games. I know it is possible register up to 5 users to login in the 5s iphone touch ID, but can a user be allowed to login without the access to buy things in the Apple store or anywhere?

I am going to upgrade my iPhone 4S to a 5S. I loved the touch ID feature, but I have a concern. My 6 years old plays with my iphone all the time, when I want use his iPad, I give him my phone, we share both devices. In the 4S he must ask me to put my password to buy new games. I know it is possible register up to 5 users to login in the 5s iphone touch ID, but can a user be allowed to login without the access to buy things in the Apple store or anywhere?
Yes they can. You can set up a restrictions password that you don't give out to your child. Then go to Settings>General>Restrictions and you can disable app purchases, in app purchases, and deletion of apps. You can also turn off access to the iTunes Store and iBooks store, preventing their use. While someone will have general access to your iPhone, they can't change the restrictions you set up without your restrictions password. Here's a screenshot to illustrate the issue. $image-2765371267.jpg

Thank you. I am very happy to know that.

One last note, make sure that there's no similarity between your general password and your restrictions password.