What's new

New member here, one who was waiting for the white iphone 4

Micky

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im Micky from Finland, and have been waiting with many of you for the White iPhone 4 to finally arrive, but sadly now this is not the case, i followed a link from member here iFixItDirect I think it was, referring to a white conversion service, which Im looking into. I want the headphone jack, and dock connector done too.

Not sure how easy it is to change the dock connector, and headphone jack myself, but I do repair phones as a sideline, so maybe able to do it. Does anyone know if any small soldering is required to change these two parts?

Thanks in advance.!

welcome! so you waited ages for the white and decided to just get the black since there was such a long delay? its good we have other options also though, but imo the white is ugly ;p

Well seeing as the White iPhone 4 won't be happening at all now, i decided to convert mine myself with parts from iphonefixed.co.uk

good luck with that, i think a lot of ppl who where waiting for white used this service a great way to get the white

Welcome to the forum...

I don't rate the white myself. I don't think I would be swapping parts about. They wont be official apple parts so be of poorer quality. Not what the 4G deserves. Just get a nice white case ;) Lol

Didn't know there not making it at all now though! When did this happen? I thought it was just delayed until they got it sorted?

Sorry for the delay, I got my white headphone jack from here..

iPhone 4 Earphone Jack Power Volume Switch Flex Cable on eBay (end time 12-Feb-11 14:21:11 GMT)

And my white dock connector from here..

OEM iPhone 4 4G Dock Connector Charger Flex Cable White on eBay (end time 04-Mar-11 08:00:10 GMT)

My conversion has now been completed.

Everything is working 100% as it should, and the fit is perfect. The screen is NOT offset, but perfectly aligned too. Proximity sensor works correctly, so too does the ambient light sensor, vibrate, everything, even the camera works great with the flash, no leakage due to me shielding the back with pvc tape.. Here's a few photos.

5413929112_e76cc957f6.jpg

White headphone jack...

5413929804_1cc90aef26.jpg

White dock connector...

5413320375_f245ceda05.jpg

5413321299_874828d2c2.jpg

even steve wozniak had his phone made out of white parts online and said it gave him problems... the white is ugly though

even steve wozniak had his phone made out of white parts online and said it gave him problems... the white is ugly though

And I'll bet the "Home" button gets real grungy after several months of finger oil, etc....

All working flawlessly thus far. I replaced the homebutton completely too.

Looks really good with that bumper case. Hides the lines and makes it much smoother...