What's new

Hello iPhone forums!

piusg

Reaction score
Greetings, all... I'm not an iPhone user just yet; I'm one of the many long-time Verizon customers anxiously anticipating the impending release of the iPhone 4 on Verizon's network. After years of stalwartly sticking by Verizon for their superior network reliability, quality, and coverage, and after years of watching friend after friend get an iPhone, I'll finally be getting one myself. Hooray!

The reason I'm joining is two-fold: I'm a refugee from the decidedly half-baked Droid X, and wanted to get a few questions answered preemptively before I picked up my new iPhone.

1) The Droid X has a killer "plop-in" car dock, with a fantastic suction-cup windshield mount. You just plop the Droid X in its dock and it's connected to its charger. No fumbling with wires, ports, and the like. I'm looking for a similar dock for the iPhone 4, and am having difficulty finding one. Universal docks and/or any docks with dangling wires that you must manually connect to the iPhone's docking connector and headphone jack once you physically put it in the cradle are disqualified--it must be a true iPhone-4-specific, throw-it-in-and-go dock.

2) I need the best GPS app out there, and wanted to get the seasoned user community's opinion.

I'll repost these in the appropriate forums later.

Cheers!

Gregory