What's new

New iPhone user - switched from Android and not missing it!

spiritedcharm

Reaction score
I've had my iPhone for a little over a week now and I'm loving it more every day. In fact, I'm starting to annoy those close to me with my obsessive excitement over my new toy/personal assistant/smart phone. I am probably going to start losing friends, but I can't stop myself. I'm just so thrilled with this device!

I've had several smart phones before; a couple of Blackberrys and three Androids, but the iPhone is the best yet. I really thought I would miss some things Android, but not so. For example, I thought I would miss Google Navigation, but I have found MotionX GPS drive to be a far superior and affordable navigation replacement. I thought I might miss my favorite finance app, Easy Money, but found the awesome app Mint is an even better replacement.

Swype was another thing I thought I would miss, but with the superior voice recognition software and Siri (my new best friend), I find myself using those options more anyway. When I do use the keyboard, I have found I actually like it better than swype. The auto correction and overall accuracy of the keyboard has increased my speed and improved the entire experience.

All my favorite apps on Android have an equal or better replacement on iPhone. The only things I "slightly" miss are the customization freedom and some of the widgets (particularly the settings widgets), but the fact that the iPhone just WORKS so well has cancelled out these wants.

Looking forward to discovering more cool apps and features of this near perfect device. So glad I made the switch!

I've had my iPhone for a little over a week now and I'm loving it more every day. In fact, I'm starting to annoy those close to me with my obsessive excitement over my new toy/personal assistant/smart phone. I am probably going to start losing friends, but I can't stop myself. I'm just so thrilled with this device!

it truly is an amazing device! dont try stop yourself you are right to be this happy:)

Cant wait to see what apple come up with next

I've had several smart phones before; a couple of Blackberrys and three Androids, but the iPhone is the best yet. I really thought I would miss some things Android, but not so. For example, I thought I would miss Google Navigation, but I have found MotionX GPS drive to be a far superior and affordable navigation replacement. I thought I might miss my favorite finance app, Easy Money, but found the awesome app Mint is an even better replacement.

the google navigation is very good on android devices and I have used it also a few times before buying a tomtom device but hopefully this is something apple will add as well even though there are good alternatives in the app store like the ones you mentioned.

Swype was another thing I thought I would miss, but with the superior voice recognition software and Siri (my new best friend), I find myself using those options more anyway. When I do use the keyboard, I have found I actually like it better than swype. The auto correction and overall accuracy of the keyboard has increased my speed and improved the entire experience.

Siri is good but mostly in the us and its still in beta so it will get better as well. and the auto correct really does help and before long you are typing just as you would with a physical keyboard if not faster

All my favorite apps on Android have an equal or better replacement on iPhone. The only things I "slightly" miss are the customization freedom and some of the widgets (particularly the settings widgets), but the fact that the iPhone just WORKS so well has cancelled out these wants.

Looking forward to discovering more cool apps and features of this near perfect device. So glad I made the switch!

that is the good thing about apple the app store has everything and some are cross platform as well but you cant go wrong with the app store, that is the thing that people miss the most imo coming from another os especially android, being able to customise the device so much and its why people jailbreak the iphone.

there are a tone more to discover and lots of threads with some good recommendations, or if you have any you really like and want to share then pls do.

Glad you are happy with your switch to ios!

Welcome! There are several converts here. I still have a rooted Android. Last week, I jail broke my 4 S. Very quick and easy. The more I play and learn about iOS the more I appreciate this phone.

Enjoy your time with us.

Mike

I am a convert also, used to talk smack, but now I am a believer in how great these phones really are. iOS is very user friendly.