What's new

Newbie saying Hi (why i'm switching back from Android)

Hhighrisedrifter

Reaction score
Hi all I'm a former iPhone owner, ahving had a 3 then a 4GS then a 4. I didn't change to the 4S as I didn't consider it to be enough of an upgrade over the 4 for me.

However, a few months ago my iPhone 4 gave up the ghost. It had a hard life in the time I had it and the home button wouldn't work about 60% of the time and the battery was down to about eight hours from full charge to dead. I did consider buying an iPhone 4S but the Samsung Galaxy S3 came along and I got one of those instead.

Although the SGS3 is an awesome phone and has loads of bells and whistles that put it over and above the iPhone in terms of functionality, there are a few things about it I dislike. However, the widgets are an extraordinary good idea and I really hope Apple go down this route sometime soon.

- Android is hit-and-miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The issue is that I have no real confidence that a new app will actually integrate with the system as well as it claims to. Sometimes an app will just fail for no appreciable reason.
- When an app fails, it's a real PITA trying to find out why and what I need to do to rectify it.

I could go on.

So, for that reason, I am holding out for the new iPhone 5 and will get one of those when they are released. I still get pangs of regret when I look at other people and their iPhones so I know this is the right decision.

I did want to give Android a go to see if I liked it over and above the iOS and unfortunately, I don't. There are too many small niggles that when added up far outweigh any issues I had with my iPhone (remember the alarm bug a few years back?)

I dearly hope that Apple integrate some of the amazing features present in the Android platform though. Widgets being the main one, but also allowing devs to tinker a bit more. One of my favourite Android apps is called 'Tasker' and this allows you to automate aspects of the phone depending on a vast array of parameters. Such as automatically opening the nightstand alarm clock app when connecting to the mains power or automatically turning on Bluetooth when in range of my car and disabling it when out of range etc. This obviously requires a dev to be able to get into the OS a little bit more.

Hi all I'm a former iPhone owner, ahving had a 3 then a 4GS then a 4. I didn't change to the 4S as I didn't consider it to be enough of an upgrade over the 4 for me.

However, a few months ago my iPhone 4 gave up the ghost. It had a hard life in the time I had it and the home button wouldn't work about 60% of the time and the battery was down to about eight hours from full charge to dead. I did consider buying an iPhone 4S but the Samsung Galaxy S3 came along and I got one of those instead.

Although the SGS3 is an awesome phone and has loads of bells and whistles that put it over and above the iPhone in terms of functionality, there are a few things about it I dislike. However, the widgets are an extraordinary good idea and I really hope Apple go down this route sometime soon.

- Android is hit-and-miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The issue is that I have no real confidence that a new app will actually integrate with the system as well as it claims to. Sometimes an app will just fail for no appreciable reason.
- When an app fails, it's a real PITA trying to find out why and what I need to do to rectify it.

I could go on.

So, for that reason, I am holding out for the new iPhone 5 and will get one of those when they are released. I still get pangs of regret when I look at other people and their iPhones so I know this is the right decision.

I did want to give Android a go to see if I liked it over and above the iOS and unfortunately, I don't. There are too many small niggles that when added up far outweigh any issues I had with my iPhone (remember the alarm bug a few years back?)

I dearly hope that Apple integrate some of the amazing features present in the Android platform though. Widgets being the main one, but also allowing devs to tinker a bit more. One of my favourite Android apps is called 'Tasker' and this allows you to automate aspects of the phone depending on a vast array of parameters. Such as automatically opening the nightstand alarm clock app when connecting to the mains power or automatically turning on Bluetooth when in range of my car and disabling it when out of range etc. This obviously requires a dev to be able to get into the OS a little bit more.
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.