What's new

Android Convert Saying Hello

tooblekain

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Matt and I converted over to an iPhone 4S because my friend was selling his brand new still in the box for only $400. I reluctantly bought it because my HTC Incredible 2 had some dead pixels where I couldn't even use certain letters, type in phone numbers, etc. The LCD screen displayed just fine...it was just the touch screen part. After so much research I found out it was the digitizer. After getting 2 new phones for various problems (the both times getting new ones because all of a sudden I was not getting any signal to receive calls); the straw that broke the camel's back was the dead pixels/digitizer. I had put up with it for as long as I could until now. I tried going to my local Verizon store to get a refurbished HTC Incredible 2 but it turns out that I never had insurance (that was disappointing to find out..damn person at the kiosk said I have insurance...was only good for like 1 month) and it was also out of its warranty period. The rep said my problem is a hardware problem and not software and my only choice is to buy a new phone.

I did reseach replacing the screen and digitizer; and saw some for cheap on ebay...but after watching the video I didn't want to take the risk. I guess now that I have a new phone I can try fixing my Android....and if I do I can either sell it or keep it as a backup should my new iPhone take a dump.

I am looking forward to using some apps that were only available for the iPhone like the Pirelli Superbike App where I can use my phone as a GPS and datalogger for top speed, accelearation and deceleration points, lean angle, etc. when I ride and/or race at the track.

I do however miss Google Navigation with its voice navigation.

Now I have to deal with the growing pains of learning a new operating system and such, but I am hoping my journey with the iPhone is better than an Android.

I am glad to have found this forum should I have problems and a good source of hopefully unbiased information

Last edited:
Hey Matt, welcome to the site!

I was also a convert from a Droid Incredible (v1 however), and also found myself missing the google navigation. Best thing that I've found with comparable quality (and turn-by-turn voice nav) is MapQuest, so give that a try!

In addition, iPhone is notoriously more user-friendly than the android OS, so I'm sure you'll be good to go!

Looking forward to seeing you around the site!