What's new

reluctant convert from Android

kittykatty

Reaction score
I'm new here and new to the iPhone.
I decided to switch to the iPhone 4S because I love my iPod Touch, which seemed to have improvements over my HTC Droid Incredible. (I feel the improvements were phone/manufacturer-related, not OS.)

Plus, I want to carry 1 device instead of 2 and be able to listen to streaming radio over my car stereo. Going from my 64gb iPod to my 16gb iPhone is "scary" because I can't have ALL my music available 24/7. But I wasn't going to pay more than $100 for a phone.

I've seen pics and video from the iPhone 3, and they're superior to what my HTC was producing. So I assume that pics and video on my 4S will be as good of quality--if not better--than the 3.

I also had issues with typing...apparently I type too fast because the words would show up as I type but then disappear and I'd have to retype them slower. This would also happen with some letter combinations, like "th". I've had my iPhone up and running for 1 day now, and I already am having the same typing problems. The SwiftKey app helped on my HTC, I may have to DL it to my iPhone also.

Looking forward to getting comfortable with the iPhone.

Hi kitty...we all seem to have something in common. I am also converting from droid to an iPhone next month. Lots of great help here and do take a look at hookbill's thread. You will see you are not alone and that there are many of us like you!

Welcome to the Forum!! So glad that you joined us and hope that you gain a lot of good info here.

We recommend that you also familiarize yourself with our Forum Rules.
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/f...um-rules-please-read-respect-our-rules-30950/
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/n...-member-read-before-starting-new-thread-3980/

Also, please see the manual download for ios 6 guideline book for the iPhone:*iTunes - Books - iPhone User Guide For iOS 6 by Apple Inc.

Remember that using the Search Function may help you find answers to many of your questions that others have asked before, but feel free to start a thread if you can't find what you are looking for.

Enjoy and Best Wishes! :)

G'day and welcome to the ForuM!!!! :)

I just left android, it's very bright on this side :) all i have to to say.