What's new

New iPhone user has question

Choofolo

Reaction score
I have an iphone 4s and a question. I am sure the reason it is not answered is because I am stupid. I had all my contacts numbers stored as ten digit numbers. Their names showed up when we texted one another but when they call me their names would not show up, just their phone number. I tried adding a one before the area code for my contacts and now I am having the opposite problem. No names for texts but names in the caller ID on calls. What did I do wrong? Any help is appreciated!!!

Welcome to iPF.net!! I've seen several users here on the Forum reporting this same issue. I'm not certain of an answer for you, though. :-( Hopefully someone can chime in and shed some light on this for us.

I have an iphone 4s and a question. I am sure the reason it is not answered is because I am stupid. I had all my contacts numbers stored as ten digit numbers. Their names showed up when we texted one another but when they call me their names would not show up, just their phone number. I tried adding a one before the area code for my contacts and now I am having the opposite problem. No names for texts but names in the caller ID on calls. What did I do wrong? Any help is appreciated!!!

thats what happens when you use the iphone in a non supported country, you have to add their phone number with your countries area code and with out. there is probably a fix in cydia for that by now but none that I am aware of