What's new

New Iphone User from Blackberry

mixhali

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a question regarding mail syncing with the Iphone. Previously I was using a Blackberry and was able to have my mail pushed to my phone using the blackberry desktop software. Note that no IT intervention was needed for me to acheive this, we are not using BES at my company i simply use BIS and with the aid of the desktop tool was able to get my mail as well as send mail. Now that I have moved to Iphone I am wondering if the same can be acheived using Itunes. Our IT wil not allow any push mail via the enterprise servers so i need to use the method similar to BB. is this possible, Can Itunes do this?

Regadrs

G'day and welcome to the forum!!! :)

Don't believe iTunes can help there.

We were BB here at work and have switched to iPhone. We had to switch from a "POP" mail account to a "IMAP" account to get everything to work. With the pop you could not have access to mail if your Outlook was open and if your Outlook downloaded the mail it wasn't on the iPhone and that would not work for me. My IT girl changed the account to imap and I get my mail in both places and if I delete mail on the iPhone it deletes it in Outlook. If I open mail on the iPhone it shows that it has been opened in Outlook. Hope that helps.