What's new

new iPhone user - former Android user

bjhutch

Reaction score
i am looking for a better messenger app/client than the "standard" one that comes installed on the phone. with Android, the "Handscent" app was my fave- u could customize everything & select that app as the default- so when u selected a Contact from ur 'Phonebook', u selected the option for Messaging & u were immediately prompted to Handscent to begin typing ur message.
of the ones that i've found so far in the App Store, it appears that my Contacts have to be manually "imported"? and that if the only info i have listed for that person is their phone number, the only option i have is to utilize the 'Factory App'?

any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks

I heard great stuff about this app benz.
Can someone tell me if it works between platforms i.e. Between someone who has this app installed on his iPhone & someone who has it on Android? I used SMS PRO on Android and miss this app dearly...

hi bumbi, yes whatsapp will work between platforms. i can send messages just fine to other android phones from my 4s

No, not for now :) i'm just getting to know iphone for the firsr time. Thanks tho

Bjhutch, I think this App really might do the trick. I have downloaded it yesterday and I'd buy it millions of times over. It immidiately showed me who of my friends uses this app which is nice. It is not as customizable as you'd maybe like but as a former Android user I must say that customization is overpriced. Don't fix it if it ain't broken :)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net - loving both!!

You guys are sharing really useful information here, i liked it.

Last edited:
For me, what I like most is how reliable it is, everything works, everything does what it is supposed to do. I like that every app works on my iphone unlike my HTC wildfire where only crappy apps could run on. Love the display, love the speed. Since Im not big on customizing Im perfectly happy with how 'closed' iOS is. I can see why some people would prefer Android though.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net - loving both!!