What's new

Android to Apple - Need help

Mastermrz

Reaction score
Okay, so atm, i have an Android powered phone that i got back in January 2010. Im happy with the phone but after seeing my uncles iPhone 4G, i wanted to get one. The reason why is that the iPhone has millions of free games to download which are great unlike the Android and the thing is that I dont have 3G on my plan. Im a T-Mobile customer but getting the iPhone unlocked from the company but the thing is that im kind of use to Android so i need to help get some apps that seem the same or similer.

Now, this shouldnt be hard to find because most apps came right from the App Store :appstore: so lets start naming them:

AppAware:
This is a free Android app that lets you see what apps on the Market are being installed, removed, or updated. It seems very accurate and good and i love it. Somewhere on this forum, i heard there was an app that can do that but forgot what its called. Maybe someone can help?

Google Maps:
Before December 2009, Apple and Google seemed to be pretty good partners but after Google released their first phone which was the Nexus One (which is the phone i have atm), they seem hurt. Google maps does alot that the iPhone cannot do, click here to see what i mean.

Any app that can do most of that such as Voice command and Turn-by-turn Navigation?

Voice Command:
This is not an app but a feature in Android. It pretty much means you can command your phone to send text messages, google search, make calls, and others all by voice. Wondering if any free apps do that also?

Google Sky Map:
Im sure most of you have heard of Google Sky Map. If you dont, search it up. Any app similer to that also? I gave it a google search and heard there was an app called "Star Walk" which seems more accurate than Google Sky Map. Is it free and is it true that it seems better or just about the same?

My Tracks for Android:
Okay, Google created this Android-only app called "My Tracks" which pretty much records where you go. It is used for runners to see, for example, how far they traveled. More information on this cool free app can be found here. Any app that is free and similer to this app?

LED Flashlight:
Now, im 100% sure there is an app that can do this but the thing is which one is the best. I wanted an app that can have full brightness (meaning higher) than the original LED light and with a Strobe feature. Any free app that can do that?

Bluetooth File Transfer:
Now, the stock Bluetooth that Android features sucks so im using a great app called "Bluetooth File Transfer" which allows me to send and recieve pretty much any type of file. I heard that the Bluetooth feature sucks on the iPhone and that you can only connect to other iPhone users. I want an app that can connect with ANY phone and that i can send and recieve anything. Any app like that?

Call Block:
This is one of the many useful apps i have found on the Android and i think it came from the App store as well. Its called "Call Block" by Mr. Number and it allows block any number i put. What i can do it pretty much send the blocked number, if they are calling, to voicemail or just open and close them. Is there an app that can do that?

Chrome to Phone and Phone to Computer:
I have 2 apps that are VERY useful. "Chrome to Phone" allows me to send a link of a page im open to directly to my phone and an app called "android2cloud" allows me to send a link im viewing on my droid to my computer. I dont think there is an app yet that can do that but im new so im probably wrong. Any app that can do that?

Barcode Scanner:
This is pretty awsome app. By using your phones camera, you can scan QR codes which contain links or commands like if you were to scan this QR code below, it will take you to Google.com
qrcodej.png

While this QR code will give a number to text (in this case, its 111-111-1111)
smsto1111111111.png

Now, im not in rush to get these apps as i have a long time till i buy an iPhone so im preparing now before getting it. Also...

-What do you advice for new iPhone users?
-What are the coolest free apps so far?
-Any more information you can give?

Also, you dont need to find all apps in one post. One person can find some apps in one post while others post the other apps.

Thanks! :D

LED Flashlight - Flashlight on the App Store
Google Sky Maps - Star Walk (I have seen both in person and I gotta say SW not only has a better interface, but it has more functions too.. like it has a "picture of the day" everyday and the world looks much nicer with SW.
QR scanner is just called QR scanner in the app store. there are some free ones

Google Sky Maps - Star Walk (I have seen both in person and I gotta say SW not only has a better interface, but it has more functions too.. like it has a "picture of the day" everyday and the world looks much nicer with SW.
How about GMail apps? what apps that I can use on iPhone?

How about GMail apps? what apps that I can use on iPhone?

I prefer to use the regular mail app for googlemail. Most of the google apps tend to just redirect you to a browserish mobile web page.