What's new

A couple app questions from a former Android user...

iMike

Reaction score
After a year or so of using Android, and several years of using BlackBerry, I prefer certain types of apps. I don't know if these sorts of apps are even available on iPhone, but I would like to see....

1.) An app that filters calls, so that I can block by area code, prefix, AND private calls. And of course it'd let me add specific numbers. Does any such animal exist?

2.) An app that goes beyond the Do Not Disturb, and lets me silence the phone during certain time periods AND on certain dates.

I know that Apple doesn't allow developers to do everything that RIM and Google allows, so I thought I'd ask folks that would know...

After a year or so of using Android, and several years of using BlackBerry, I prefer certain types of apps. I don't know if these sorts of apps are even available on iPhone, but I would like to see....

1.) An app that filters calls, so that I can block by area code, prefix, AND private calls. And of course it'd let me add specific numbers. Does any such animal exist?

2.) An app that goes beyond the Do Not Disturb, and lets me silence the phone during certain time periods AND on certain dates.

I know that Apple doesn't allow developers to do everything that RIM and Google allows, so I thought I'd ask folks that would know...

1. Not possible without a jailbreak and I'm not sure it's possible then either.

2. I thought I saw something new that sounded similar, but I'm sorry, I don't remember the name. You may want to look at the apps announcements to see if you can find it there. It wasn't too long ago.

Without jailbreaking both answers are no. Came from Android myself and was amazed that Apple didn't allow apps like this till I figured out their reason. They want the phone to work. And all those extra bells and whistles can cause the phone to die early or miss a call. Which is why I left Android.

Good point. I guess if worse comes to worse, the reject button just looks so sexy.