What's new

New "apple certified" charger is junk!!

amyinnc

Reaction score
Got a new charger from amazon, said "apple certified" we'll I keep getting the "charging not supported" message and when it's plugged in it mutes my phone! Can't ring it ring, text, etc...soo annoying!

Oh I'm sure they will..it's just I had hoped that it would work!

Apple certified is different from OEM or original. Plus sellers always just make things up to trick you. You have to be careful and check the seller and past if you are looking for truly original accessories.

Yea..I don't think I've ever had an "apple xharger" from day 1, always used off brand cheep ones.

Only use known brands or OEM to guarantee satisfaction and functionality.

Short on cash is my biggest problem.lol. Traveling out of state in a few days and need to replace this one ASAP

Grab a Belkin one. If I remember correctly most electronics stores that sell iDevices like Target, Bestbuy, Radioshack(?) and such will have one of those Belkin bundles. Comes with a USB to dock connector cable, and at least 2 adapters: one for outlet, one for the car. The Apple one is $20 and the Belkin one runs for $15-20 but gives you the adapters as well. There's no real easy way out of this since if you buy an off-brand, it'll probably break down pretty quickly again