What's new

Review on the RavPower 10,000mah Power Bank

Professor Xavier

Reaction score
Amazon link

I purchased this about 2 months ago for trips and thought I’d write a review. Basically this product charges your device when you are no where near a wall outlet. What I love about this product is that I don’t need to bring any charging cords with me because it’s built right into the charging unit and tucks away nicely. This gives a capacity of 6000 mah and has charged my iphone from near 10% to full about 3 times full charge.

I’m very impressed with Ravpower’s presentation of this product. It was shipped to me in a nicely designed gift-like box and the unit was secured safely in foam padding. The design of the unit is very sleek and the indicator LED lights are a cool tone white. It is slightly smaller than my iphone4s but about twice as thick. It’s also very light in weight so I can tuck this into my backpack.

Straight out of the box, the Xrobot was half charged, which took about 6 hours to fully charge from half to full. The packaging doesn't come with an AC wall plug but with a wall plug of 2.1amps, it can charge this external charger from dead to full in about 4 hours, which is a lot faster than charging from the computer.

It also comes with 3 charging cords 1 being the 30 pin apple connector and the other 2 cords being a micro USB and a standard USB for charging the xrobot unit. There is also a USB port on top so you can use one of your own charging cords too like for iphone 5 users.

This external battery charger is MFI certified, which means it's made for Apple products and is certified to work with and meet Apple standards, however it is a disappointment that this doesn't come with Apple’s lightning cable. Perhaps in future models, they will add this cable when it becomes Apple’s standard.

After using this during several trips (Hawaii, snowboarding, weekenders) and random usage, I have to say I’m really in love with this device. During trips and longer outings, I tend to overuse my phone due to picture taking and having this Xrobot around has let me use my phone longer. It’s also nice because the 30 pin cord comes attached to the power bank so I don’t need to fiddle around with an extra cord. This device is also great if you have other devices that take micro USB too because it can charge that along with your iphone. Love this invention and perfect for my needs. Highly recommend for anyone who occasionally needs a charge on the go.

$xrobot.jpg

Edit: Title was changed. I have a 10,000mah too from the same company (I have no affiliation btw) which I was going to review but since this is an iphone forum, I decided to review this one instead but didn't change the title and now it's stuck.

Last edited:
Lol, this looks pretty dorky. Thanks for your overview/review. What is the overall feel of this unit, sturdy and well construction or cheap chinese knock off?

In looking at the link just to compare to the one I just got, they list it as 6000 mAh. I got the Zagg Spark 2.0. Still waiting for it. I have always had good luck with Zagg products and their customer support. It looks solid and useable and I like that it has two different outlets specialized for high draw (iPad) and normal (iPhone and other smaller USB devices). I got mine for an upcomming trip. It is a little more, but looks more solid and I like knowing and having dealt with the company as well.
ZAGGsparq | Portable Battery Charger for iPad, iPhone, Tablet & Phone | ZAGG

Seems okay. Whether or not it's "good" to use or not would rest on the buyers. I'll stick with my 3 Mophie Juice Pack Powerstations Pros.

Lol, this looks pretty dorky. Thanks for your overview/review. What is the overall feel of this unit, sturdy and well construction or cheap chinese knock off?

I guess it kind of does haha, but it works great. The feel is sturdy, doesn't feel cheap, however it scratches easily.

Last edited:
Seems okay. Whether or not it's "good" to use or not would rest on the buyers. I'll stick with my 3 Mophie Juice Pack Powerstations Pros.

Excellent point, since good is subjective. But it just helps my decision when you hear more "good" reviews than "bad" reviews.

Has there been any new updates on the power bank? How is it holding up with long term use? Does it get hot with multiple consecutive uses?

Has there been any new updates on the power bank? How is it holding up with long term use? Does it get hot with multiple consecutive uses?

So far holding up for me but it's only been a few months. It gets a little warm while it charges but I assume it's normal.

yeah,guess it kind of does haha, but it works great. The feel is sturdy, doesn't feel cheap, however it scratches easily

Moderator edit; removed non functional link

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so this post made me super interested in getting one of these because I rather not have to carry around extra bits and pieces for an accessory. So far I'm really liking this and have used it on a weekly basis so I would like to write a review of this to let you know how it's working for me.
This particular model comes with me in my bag due to it being one of my favorite (I own several external battery chargers) mainly because it comes with it's own attached 30pin Apple certified cable so I don't need to carry my own and it also tucks away nicely into the unit when not in use. It also provides 2.1 amps which charges my phone rather quickly and can charge up to 3 devices at the same time but if it draws more than 2.1 amps, one of the ports will be shut off. This also holds 6000 mah with Li-polymer batteries so it has been able to charge my 4s about 4 times. Also out of the 3 external battery chargers I own, this seems to be charging my phone the fastest at about 1% every minute.
Not only does it have a 30 pin apple cable but it has a micro usb for any of your gadgets that takes a micro usb (great for my wife's galaxy s3). Weighs about 6 oz and is about the same size as an iphone4 but slightly thicker, and uses a Lithium polymer battery. It's a great size and weight and perfect for travel.
Hope this review fines it useful for someone out there because I personally really am loving this gadget and had served me well

I would say the only thing I don't like about the product in general would be the fact that it's very limiting on the cable length. It might just be that I'm used to my Mophies and we use the stock cables and it feels different. By the way a colleague bought this, and it seems pretty nice. Nice charge and so far she hasn't ran into any problems

hmmm cheaper than morphie and comes with it's own 30 pin cable. Looks pretty nice too. Might get. Thanks for the reviews people :)

Ok so this post made me super interested in getting one of these because I rather not have to carry around extra bits and pieces for an accessory. So far I'm really liking this and have used it on a weekly basis so I would like to write a review of this to let you know how it's working for me.
This particular model comes with me in my bag due to it being one of my favorite (I own several external battery chargers) mainly because it comes with it's own attached 30pin Apple certified cable so I don't need to carry my own and it also tucks away nicely into the unit when not in use. It also provides 2.1 amps which charges my phone rather quickly and can charge up to 3 devices at the same time but if it draws more than 2.1 amps, one of the ports will be shut off. This also holds 6000 mah with Li-polymer batteries so it has been able to charge my 4s about 4 times. Also out of the 3 external battery chargers I own, this seems to be charging my phone the fastest at about 1% every minute.
Not only does it have a 30 pin apple cable but it has a micro usb for any of your gadgets that takes a micro usb (great for my wife's galaxy s3). Weighs about 6 oz and is about the same size as an iphone4 but slightly thicker, and uses a Lithium polymer battery. It's a great size and weight and perfect for travel.
Hope this review fines it useful for someone out there because I personally really am loving this gadget and had served me well

Yeah, this having an attached cable alone is one of the reasons why I got this. And the price is just right too.

How does it hook up to other Micro USB devices, is there a female USB port or another cable attached?