What's new

New and upset.

jimdd810

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and let me say it is a great place.
Ive had 3 iPhones and last Tuesday I upgraded to a iPhone 4. Love this phone except for the poor craftsmanship. Specifically the glass back which I broke today after dropping it on the counter about 3 inches. Shattered a brand new phone. After talking to apple and AT&T they both say there is nothing they can do due to the fact that it is damage and not a hardware issue. I have insurance and they tell me I should of gotten the apple plus program. Thankfully through this site I found a new back for under 10 dollars.
As far as both the before mentioned companies there claims of great customer service are bunk. Unfortunately AT&T is the only game in my area or I would be switching cell service. As far as apple is concerned I might forgive them due to the fact that this is the first problem with their products I have ever had.

Welcome,

Sorry to hear about your phone. Lucky it was the back, as you've found it's not that bad in comparison. I've always found apples after care and build quality to be extremely good. Unfortunately the screen (front or back) can break easily if caught at just the right angle. I had a 3G iPhone that was dropped many times, sometimes from over 3 feet with barely a scratch. I dropped it from the my lap when I stood up one day onto carpet and the screen shattered like a spiders web...

Usually I have an otter box on it but it is not here yet. The only trouble with any of the 4 iPhones in our home is my daughter dropped here 3 and the screen quit working. It was time for her upgrade so it wasn't that big of a deal. The nearest iPhone store is over 4 hours away.

Case = ~$25

Repairing the iPhone = Probably more than $60 easily.

I'd invest in a case! Accidents do happen.

jimdd810 said:
Yep I have one coming.

It was on the way the same day I ordered the phone it should be here tomorrow lol

jawknee said:
Case = ~$25

Repairing the iPhone = Probably more than $60 easily.

I'd invest in a case! Accidents do happen.

Actually, front and back glass can be replace for under $50 including shipping 😉. As far as build quality, my friends slipped out of his pocket doing 55 down the highway on a motorcycle, skidded down the road THEN got ran over by 2 cars. The glass was shattered on both sides and camera lens lol, but phone still worked with the occasional piece of glass in the finger till we ordered new front and rear from eBay. Phone looks brand new and functions perfectly now. I believe any other phone would have been in pieces and DOA.

Actually, front and back glass can be replace for under $50 including shipping . As far as build quality, my friends slipped out of his pocket doing 55 down the highway on a motorcycle, skidded down the road THEN got ran over by 2 cars. The glass was shattered on both sides and camera lens lol, but phone still worked with the occasional piece of glass in the finger till we ordered new front and rear from eBay. Phone looks brand new and functions perfectly now. I believe any other phone would have been in pieces and DOA.

For under 50 your NOT getting OEM parts for that price your getting a 3rd party screen that is crap compared to the genuine apple screen.

We compared it to my phone and couldn't tell a difference. Worked fine and looked great, what more do you need?