What's new

Need Urgent Help Regarding Sync Issue With iPhone4 (Due to Fresh iTunes Install onPC)

Obersturmfuhrer

Reaction score
I'll attempt to make this question as concise and fully informative as possible. I have an iPhone 4 Jailbroken running firmware v4.3.3. I typically sync my phone with my PC on a normal basis until this past October I bought a new SSD and had to re-install iTunes on my C drive. As you know, a re-install means that any re-sync with a fresh iTunes install means that the phone will basically wiped clean. Since the new iTunes install I have regularly been "Backing Up" the iPhone,(but never synced it) however this is not a "Sync" of course, but I figure it still beneficial to do. I believe I have the following options and/or issues to deal with:

1) Is there any way to "reverse-sync" the iPhone to the PC, instead of the other way around? I kept the old iTunes operating files but I am not sure which ones I'd need to copy over to which folder to make a "current" sync happen, or to "fool" iTunes into thinking nothing has changed since the fresh install.
2) I realize a "restore" will erase the jailbreak, but what if I choose "Restore From Backup", will that also erase or reset the jailbreak?
3) I am mainly concerned with calendar appointments, my apps with invaluable information, and notes. Everything else such as music I can simply re-sync if I have to.

In essence, I am trying to do a up-to-date sync with the new iTunes install and loose as little data and information as possible (or none at all). I have apps installed such as iFile that hold many files within the folder tree structure of the phone that I cannot afford to loose. I'd be willing to make backup copies of all these files if there is a viable solution for me, which Im hoping somebody can recommend to me.

As you can see in this pic, this is what warning I get when I attempt to check any "app" or "calendar" sync box:
Since it was a "fresh" iTunes install, if I sync it to my phone as it stands now it will invariably wipe my phone clean.

If there is a special app or PC app that I need to make things run smoother or achieve my goal I am more than happy to install whatever it takes. Thank you for any responses, they are most appreciated.

I have attempted to be as detailed yet brief as possible with my explanation of the nature of my problem, yet feel free to ask a question if it will assist you in further diagnosing and solving my issue.

Thanks again, I hope to get this problem resolved. Im open to any work-arounds or innovative techniquies to solve this issue...