What's new

Help with my calendar attempt to sync

emelpenni

Reaction score
Please, please, don't give me bad news, I was attempting to set up my iPhone 3GS to sync my calendar to iTunes to load onto my ipad2. I already have a gmail account synced to my phone, so I did not start re enter my email information and jumped to trying to find the server to change to m.google.com. I tried to sync and now none of my calendar appts are there, I was getting a "this will change 25% message so I would cancel the sync, then my iPhone asked to keep calendar on my iPhone I said yes, then in my next attempt I hit something and now the only calendar appts are birthdays etc from the Occasions app, please please help!!!!

Why don't you just setup your gmail account which having your calendar on your iPhone in the iPad? Why do you even need iTunes???

I thought that was the only way to have my calendar on my iPhone and iPad? I did a restore from back up on iTunes and got my calendar appts back but it still got the message about 25% of appts would change so I cancelled the sync. I have a gmail account on my iPhone now but the exchange server is not m.google.com, I don't know if should delete and start over

Delete your gmail account from your iPhone and manually setup it again all right from the iPhone. After setting up your gmail on your iPhone, go to calendar and select your gmail mail calendar, let it update.

I am still having issues :-(. I am now set up but do I need to have both the gmail calendar and the exchange calendar set to ON? I am getting duplicate calendar entries and duplicate contact entries on my phone. I dont think I need both but they both have information that the other doesn't have.